There are newer employer reviews for DISH

The good, the bad and the cheap

Current Employee - Middle Management in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Middle Management in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Pay, generous bonus structure for hourly and salaried employees. The culture is hard driving, do what it takes to succeed and is definitely not for everyone. But if you don't mind hard work and you are willing to go the extra mile to achieve results, DISH will be a good fit. There are also lots of opportunities for growth and change and DISH leadership encourages and supports change, new ideas and innovation. opportunities for advancement for college graduates but not to many opportunities for those without a degree.

Cons

DISH expects dedication, hard work and some long work days. This is not a 9-5 office. DISH leadership does not seem to understand the work life balance. Benefits are lacking. Health benefits have costly premiums and one of the highest deductibles that I have ever experienced ($1250 for an individual and $2500 for a couple or family.) If you are relatively healthy and never in an accident, you basically pay for all of your health care out of pocket never reaching your deductible. Vision coverage is almost non existent and mental health coverage is non existent (seriously!) DISH cheaps out on its employees in order to put more money in its coffers.

DISH has a fatal flaw. They see themselves as a technology company like Apple or Google. They do not understand that they are a service provider. Because of this they consistently under value their customers and their employees that touch their customers. If they put as much effort and funds into creating exceptional service as they invest in technology, they could be top of the line. instead, they squeeze the hourly employees and the customer to get as much as possible from each and discard when they cant squeeze any more out of either.

Advice to Management

Lighten up on the deductible, offer better vision, dental and mental health coverage. You'll need this to keep your best employees as the economy continues to improve. Learn to value your customers and your field staff. A content staff is happy and upbeat and comes across in the service they provide; a stressed out, rushed and harried staff provides ... Its not rocket science.

reviews filtered by
  1. So far so good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free TV
    Opportunity for advancement
    Great co-workers
    Company is growing, so it is a good time to be apart of the team.

Cons

Pay could be better
    Technology could be better when it comes to what is available to do your job as effectively as possible.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees, positive changes have happened since I started. Do not stop there, the culture is shifting in a positive direction, as long as management remains positive and realistic. Transparency is also increasing, which makes everyone feel involved with the direction of the company.

Buy Sprint already!

6 Years And No Real Complaints

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is very smart with money and very stable. There is never a fear that the company is "going under" or about to drop staff.

Cons

I hear the salary isn't as high as some other companies but I've received multiple raises and promotions in my 6+ years here and am quite comfortable with my current pay and future prospects.

Advice to Management

The move toward more lax "core hours" is a great one. Now just loosen up on bad weather days for those with laptops a few times a year and we'll be set.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH