DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Dish-Satisfaction

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Blacksburg, VA
Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Blacksburg, VA

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Dish Network is a company that has substantiated itself as a leader in the industry when it comes to technology, programming, and pricing. I am happy to represent a company that has so much to offer to customers with cutting edge technology and that cares so deeply about it's customers feedback (which is a con as well).
Thanks for leaning back on Mandatory ET!
Making ET incentives to loosen dress code, roll back occurrence points etc...
I have been with Dish for many years and the only constant is change which is allows me to feel comfortable writing a cons section and knowing that with change comes the possibility of positive progression!

Cons

Our metrics are a major area of focus in which we have opportunity as a business.
Agents have stats that are built upon QA (Quality assurance) AHT (average handle time) repeat rate and CSAT. Now above I listed caring what our customers think as a pro however it can be a con as well. Right now our structure is based on hitting all the metrics above 98.01% to goal or higher but with CSAT (customer satisfaction) your Pay For Performance is paid out on a percentage of CSAT. So if you are 110% to goal you could receive 35% payout. Customers are called back to do our survey and rank our questions 1-5 1 being the worst and 5 being the best. There are times where a customer scores the survey a 1 or 2 and the supervisor has to call the customer back. If they leave no voicemail stating that the agent did a great job and referencing the agent by name the low survey score will not be overturned. Even if the supervisor calls back and the customer says the last agent was great it will not be overturned. So the supervisor takes their time they could use to develop the agents to call customers back that will make no difference in overturning CSATs; and the Coaches stats/payout is based on all their agents together. This is demoralizing to Agents and Supervisors. I have seen instances were a customer has escalated and the tool malfunctioned that sends the customer and the survey to the supervisors line. When the CSAT survey was disputed the person in charge of overturning them said no. There is no written structure of what is/can be overturned. So this one person has the power to make any decision he feels is right with no structure. Dish is too big of a company and this is too sensitive of an issue that can potentially shift up to 35% less on an agent's paycheck.
When you bring these issues up they get easily dismissed and the more you bring them up the more they sound like a complaint.

Come up with a structured dispute process that allows agents and Coaches to know that they have an equal and fair opportunity to have CSATs disputed/overturned and increase morale.

Don't create forums and round tables that are designed for feedback and then micro-manage/reprimand Agents for using those avenues to provide feedback/criticism.

Create as many incentives as you can for all positions not just agents

Give all departments a chance to get some type of Pay For Performance (Bonuses)

What you are doing well continue to do it!

1850 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Shame, Misadventure and Losing

Former Employee - IT Technician in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - IT Technician in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nearly free pay television, competitive pay, growth opportunities within the company, some very talented staff, constantly changing challenges and the ability to have as much visibility as you desire.

Cons

Dish fancies itself fast paced,but in reality it is frenzied paced. Goals are constantly changing and you have to drop everything and start on the "task du jour". Don't get too attached to it because it will be changing tomorrow.

The benefits aside from pay are abysmal. The most apt quote I heard while working there was "Dish is a great place to be as long as you are young, healthy, and don't have a family". Health benefits, even on the "premium" plan, have a ridiculously high deductible. Vacation time is sparse and doesn't carry over from year to year.

Middle management is constantly battling among themselves for power. The power in this case is simply the word "No". They only want to work on their own pet projects and collaboration is a completely alien concept.

DISH needs to actually hire a head of HR. The "Change Agent" that Joe has been talking about.

Awesome...whiners need not apply

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Christiansburg, VA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Christiansburg, VA

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay and opportunity for growth. Free Dish services and great people to work with and for. I hear a lot of people whining about having to work and do their job. Reality is that is true with any job in the real world. You perform and you will get paid, you don't and you won't. It's a simple concept that some people have not quite figured out as they expect everything to be handed to them.

Cons

The medical benefits are lacking a bit, but you have a job and free TV

n/a