DISH

www.dish.com

Dish-Satisfaction

Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) Blacksburg, VA

ProsDish Network is a company that has substantiated itself as a leader in the industry when it comes to technology, programming, and pricing. I am happy to represent a company that has so much to offer to customers with cutting edge technology and that cares so deeply about it's customers feedback (which is a con as well).
Thanks for leaning back on Mandatory ET!
Making ET incentives to loosen dress code, roll back occurrence points etc...
I have been with Dish for many years and the only constant is change which is allows me to feel comfortable writing a cons section and knowing that with change comes the possibility of positive progression!

ConsOur metrics are a major area of focus in which we have opportunity as a business.
Agents have stats that are built upon QA (Quality assurance) AHT (average handle time) repeat rate and CSAT. Now above I listed caring what our customers think as a pro however it can be a con as well. Right now our structure is based on hitting all the metrics above 98.01% to goal or higher but with CSAT (customer satisfaction) your Pay For Performance is paid out on a percentage of CSAT. So if you are 110% to goal you could receive 35% payout. Customers are called back to do our survey and rank our questions 1-5 1 being the worst and 5 being the best. There are times where a customer scores the survey a 1 or 2 and the supervisor has to call the customer back. If they leave no voicemail stating that the agent did a great job and referencing the agent by name the low survey score will not be overturned. Even if the supervisor calls back and the customer says the last agent was great it will not be overturned. So the supervisor takes their time they could use to develop the agents to call customers back that will make no difference in overturning CSATs; and the Coaches stats/payout is based on all their agents together. This is demoralizing to Agents and Supervisors. I have seen instances were a customer has escalated and the tool malfunctioned that sends the customer and the survey to the supervisors line. When the CSAT survey was disputed the person in charge of overturning them said no. There is no written structure of what is/can be overturned. So this one person has the power to make any decision he feels is right with no structure. Dish is too big of a company and this is too sensitive of an issue that can potentially shift up to 35% less on an agent's paycheck.
When you bring these issues up they get easily dismissed and the more you bring them up the more they sound like a complaint.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome up with a structured dispute process that allows agents and Coaches to know that they have an equal and fair opportunity to have CSATs disputed/overturned and increase morale.

Don't create forums and round tables that are designed for feedback and then micro-manage/reprimand Agents for using those avenues to provide feedback/criticism.

Create as many incentives as you can for all positions not just agents

Give all departments a chance to get some type of Pay For Performance (Bonuses)

What you are doing well continue to do it!

Shame, Misadventure and Losing

IT Technician (Former Employee) Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Nearly free pay television, competitive pay, growth opportunities within the company, some very talented… Cons: Dish fancies itself fast paced,but in reality it is frenzied paced. Goals are constantly changing and you have to drop everything and start on… Advice to Senior Management: DISH needs to actually hire a head of HR. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Awesome...whiners need not apply

Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) Christiansburg, VA

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great pay and opportunity for growth. Free Dish services and great people to work with and for. I hear a lot of people whining about… Cons: The medical benefits are lacking a bit, but you have… Advice to Senior Management: n/a Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!