There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Dish-Satisfaction

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist  in  Blacksburg, VA
Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Blacksburg, VA

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Dish Network is a company that has substantiated itself as a leader in the industry when it comes to technology, programming, and pricing. I am happy to represent a company that has so much to offer to customers with cutting edge technology and that cares so deeply about it's customers feedback (which is a con as well).
Thanks for leaning back on Mandatory ET!
Making ET incentives to loosen dress code, roll back occurrence points etc...
I have been with Dish for many years and the only constant is change which is allows me to feel comfortable writing a cons section and knowing that with change comes the possibility of positive progression!

Cons

Our metrics are a major area of focus in which we have opportunity as a business.
Agents have stats that are built upon QA (Quality assurance) AHT (average handle time) repeat rate and CSAT. Now above I listed caring what our customers think as a pro however it can be a con as well. Right now our structure is based on hitting all the metrics above 98.01% to goal or higher but with CSAT (customer satisfaction) your Pay For Performance is paid out on a percentage of CSAT. So if you are 110% to goal you could receive 35% payout. Customers are called back to do our survey and rank our questions 1-5 1 being the worst and 5 being the best. There are times where a customer scores the survey a 1 or 2 and the supervisor has to call the customer back. If they leave no voicemail stating that the agent did a great job and referencing the agent by name the low survey score will not be overturned. Even if the supervisor calls back and the customer says the last agent was great it will not be overturned. So the supervisor takes their time they could use to develop the agents to call customers back that will make no difference in overturning CSATs; and the Coaches stats/payout is based on all their agents together. This is demoralizing to Agents and Supervisors. I have seen instances were a customer has escalated and the tool malfunctioned that sends the customer and the survey to the supervisors line. When the CSAT survey was disputed the person in charge of overturning them said no. There is no written structure of what is/can be overturned. So this one person has the power to make any decision he feels is right with no structure. Dish is too big of a company and this is too sensitive of an issue that can potentially shift up to 35% less on an agent's paycheck.
When you bring these issues up they get easily dismissed and the more you bring them up the more they sound like a complaint.

Come up with a structured dispute process that allows agents and Coaches to know that they have an equal and fair opportunity to have CSATs disputed/overturned and increase morale.

Don't create forums and round tables that are designed for feedback and then micro-manage/reprimand Agents for using those avenues to provide feedback/criticism.

Create as many incentives as you can for all positions not just agents

Give all departments a chance to get some type of Pay For Performance (Bonuses)

What you are doing well continue to do it!

1765 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Challenging, but rewarding

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

The are plenty of opportunities for promotion. If you're willing to relocate, there is even more opportunity as positions open constantly nationwide. Great product to sell, lot of advantages over competition.

Cons

Very stressful. It's a big company, so you have to deal with incompetence daily. Our own processes make us difficult to work with, both internally and externally.

Continue to listen to employee feedback. There have been positive changes recently.

Change Management

Current Employee - Training/Quality  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Training/Quality in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Coworkers share the same pain

Cons

I have been with Dish over 10 years and have had 13 differant managers, 11 of them fired. WOW! My advice to all Dish employees is be a grain of rice in the big bag. If you move up, they use you and fire you. No future here for smart people.

Stop directing employees to this site to post positive reviews.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!