FSS 1

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay (15.00) Good team Good bosses

Cons

Long Hours Never know when you are getting off til an hour before

Advice to Management

Nada

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

Completely content in mediocrity

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can make decent money Can be promoted fairly quickly I do believe that executive management has good vision for the future of the company; however, this vision is not trickling down to practial application at the staff/middle management level.

Cons

The majority of management has been promoted beyond their ability. There seems little interest in making the company better for the employees or customers. There is a strong "That's not my job" syndrome in management that makes customer service suffer and makes it difficult for those who actually want to solve a customer's problem. Benefit package is way below average. Management blames the high employee attrition rate on the difficulty of the work instead of focusing their own deficiencies. Communication between departments is virtually non-existent.

Advice to Management

Hire an external manager/director who has experience running call centers and keeping attrition low. this individual should have authority over both the sales and service departments Unfortunately you will not be able fix your problems by promoting from within for this position.

2. Making improvements

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative III/Tech Support in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady Pay. Chance for bonus pay. I am not sure about some of the reviews here. This company has been very good to me. Working with my going to school, helping pay for it. Getting constructive feedback on how to balance the required stats. Good work gets recognition and improves chance of moving up. I think the company is moving in the right direction business-wise and in improving the overall morale of employees

Cons

Dealing with irate customers. Having customers give a bad score when it had nothing to do with what you did. Those bad scores can cost you bonus and hurt your chance of moving up in the company. The way those scores are handled is not very effective but I am not sure for a better solution.

Advice to Management

Please look for ways to help with the customer survey. Not all bad scores are deserved by the agents