Poor culture and management.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Pine Brook, NJ
Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Pine Brook, NJ

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Made very good money and still consider quitting everyday. If you maintain a good close ratio, work massive hours and do at least 10 sales per day you will make a living.

Cons

Horrible quality of life. Insane hours. Horrible managers that know nothing about selling or treating people like human beings. If you are absent or late you will get "occurred". If your close ratio is low you will have money taken away. You can get promoted to team lead in six months but that is a pay decrease and even more hours. One mistake you are fired.

Treat people like human beings.

Other Reviews for DISH

There have to be better jobs.

Current Employee - Field Service Technician  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Nashville, TN

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some pros include the cool latest and greatest technology, the employee discount is nice, and you get a sense of independence throughout the day because you don't have that typical boss standing over you all day long and you are able to make decisions on a per job basis without needing to get "approval" so long as your final decision stays within the corporate guidelines.

Cons

Do not like the fact that I have no clue what time I will get finished for the day. You can sometimes estimate the end of your day, but as soon as you are finishing around 5-530... they will more than likely find another job that "has to go in today", "something came up", "you're the best tech for the job", or "now you're the only tech in that area". I think this company micro-manages with everything from how many zip ties to how many receivers they stock on a van. They also continue to preach that Smart Home Services is not asking the techs to become sales, yet the office crams it down your throat on how much you are selling vs every one else in the office/region.

Take the time to talk to your techs/managers and find out what will increase the morale in each office. I have been fortunate enough to take a couple of OOM trips and discovered that morale is low in multiple offices because there is never a "good job" or "we're doing great". It is always "yes your numbers are here, but I'd rather see them get better". Keep in mind that we did not sign up to work 4 days a week for 15-20 hrs a day and that we have families and other activities we would like to attend when we get off work (hopefully at a decent hour).

It was not a positive experience

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free DISH and free parking

Cons

Mentality of entire corporation is negative and demeaning to employees, from "badge in, badge out" to lack of appreciation or consideration of employees.

Look up consideration, empathy, and employee value in a dictionary

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!