There are newer employer reviews for DISH

There have to be better jobs.

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Nashville, TN

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some pros include the cool latest and greatest technology, the employee discount is nice, and you get a sense of independence throughout the day because you don't have that typical boss standing over you all day long and you are able to make decisions on a per job basis without needing to get "approval" so long as your final decision stays within the corporate guidelines.

Cons

Do not like the fact that I have no clue what time I will get finished for the day. You can sometimes estimate the end of your day, but as soon as you are finishing around 5-530... they will more than likely find another job that "has to go in today", "something came up", "you're the best tech for the job", or "now you're the only tech in that area". I think this company micro-manages with everything from how many zip ties to how many receivers they stock on a van. They also continue to preach that Smart Home Services is not asking the techs to become sales, yet the office crams it down your throat on how much you are selling vs every one else in the office/region.

Take the time to talk to your techs/managers and find out what will increase the morale in each office. I have been fortunate enough to take a couple of OOM trips and discovered that morale is low in multiple offices because there is never a "good job" or "we're doing great". It is always "yes your numbers are here, but I'd rather see them get better". Keep in mind that we did not sign up to work 4 days a week for 15-20 hrs a day and that we have families and other activities we would like to attend when we get off work (hopefully at a decent hour).

1798 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Current DD/BB/RV in Phoenix

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Overall the company is in a very good spot.

Growth-

The business is changing rapidly and growing. The managers are very much a part of the site and not locked away in an office giving orders. The opportunity to stand out, get yourself noticed and promoted into your position of interested is the best thing about working in the site. The job is what you make it just like anything else in life. Working hard and enjoying the rewards of your work. The managers in Phoenix have created an atmosphere of striving to be the best not only within our site but companywide. I have never worked in another call center where employees talk about making DISH their career and just another job. Someone with little to no education outside of a high school diploma will be given the opportunity to grow into their position of interest. 95% of the current management in Phoenix started off an entry level agent on the phones and worked their way into the position they hold today. Promotions are always done internally.

Pay-

The job pays well. Plain and simple. There are plenty of opportunities for the entry level employees to make 2 different performance based incentives on top of their base pay. The more tenured agents usually a part of the advanced tech program and are paid more as an hourly rate, and they also can make sales incentive bonuses. Everyone is also given an annual raise and performance appraisal.

Managers-
    The GM and management team is very accessible at all times .Unlike any other jobs in which managers are hidden away from the site, the managers in Phoenix are seated as a part of it. There have been plenty of situations in which a manager will make a special exception for an employee to help. It ranges from schedules, days off, etc. There has been many times in which I had something going on outside of work and I am comfortable enough to talk to my bosses and listen to the advice they provide. Things like that make me want to work for them. Dish is a great company but when I get up in the morning I come to work for the managers in Phoenix.

Cons

There is an opportunity for health benefits and coverage to improve but the plan is just okay compared to other companies.

There are plenty of happy people working for you. Not enough of us are posting on a website like this. We are excited at the growth and change.I love my company and I love my job and plenty of people feel the same way.

Rewarding Experience with Huge Growth Opportunities

Current Employee - Sales in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

DISH is a dynamic, growth focused enterprise that attracts people who value a challenge and expect results (from themselves, their team mates, and if the team delivers, their employer). The product is awesome and getting better with every new release. This is a rewarding work experience that delivers an education about business that money can't buy.

Cons

If you're not one to be held accountable for your actions (small and large), then DISH is not for you. There is a culture of accountability here which is becoming rare in business. This culture could be considered by some to be a negative.

Support and reward those employees who "get it". Those employees who live per your value structure of Pride, Adventure, and Winning. Continue to seek and place value in employees opinions like you have over the past year.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH