DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

It is what it is in the field.

Current Employee - Field Service Technician I in Pembroke, NH
Current Employee - Field Service Technician I in Pembroke, NH

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

great local mngmt. Upfront about job ..the good and the bad...gives opportunities to make more money and learn.

Cons

wish the starting pay was hiring for field techs..the face of the company. Work too hard and in crAppy environments to get paid so little. Its the reason there is so much turnover.....I love the guys I work with but I'm still looking for other work...that pays better. Its a shame.

Figure out how to pay better...whatever it takesT

1851 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Great Job

Current Employee - Technician in Rolla, MO
    Current Employee - Technician in Rolla, MO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay and incentives for employees, truly is best tv provider in industry, would recomend to anyone looking for a CAREER not a job. They truly reward you if your willing to put in the effort.

Cons

The hours are tough makes it hard for employees with families but would be harder if you did not have a job. Have to be grateful to have a job these days.

Am please to see more employee involvement in all the new aspects of company as we take Dish to the top !

Worst job I've ever had!

Former Employee - Material Handler, TECH (Installer) in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Material Handler, TECH (Installer) in Sacramento, CA

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The biggest "Pro" was the high turn-over rate. Eventually the micromanaging manager or supervisor who made your life at work miserable would be belittled and fired by someone higher up then themselves. Those days and other days when Dish lost lawsuits became the best days I ever experienced working for both EchoStar and Dish Network.

Cons

When I worked for Dish the company was trying to obtain an industry award. To obtain this award they needed more subscribers, and specifically more employee subscribers. To achieve this every office and warehouse location posted a list containing the names of all employees at that location. Next to everyone's name was an indication of whether or not that employee had Dish Network service in their home. All of us were told by management that we needed to sign up for Dish service with no exceptions. Those of us that did not or could not because of Home Owner Association Rules or other restrictions with apartment complexes were routinely harassed to do so, and were denied raises regardless of our performance on the job. Many of us worked for Dish but preferred other service providers namely DirecTV for their superior programming and customer service. Dish offered a "discount" but not completely free programming for its employees, and many of us would rather pay full price for a competitors service which should be our right to do whatever we like outside of work. This award that Dish was striving for, and I believe eventually obtained gave bonuses to all of those at the top with Charlie Ergen and very little to nothing to the mast majority of the company employees who did 90% of the work at Dish. I worked for both EchoStar and later Dish Network, and both jobs were the worst jobs I have ever had.

Start over from scratch, and begin doing so with Charlie Ergen. Then, and only then will Dish Network and Echostar have a chance at being a great company to work for.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH