DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

It was not a positive experience

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free DISH and free parking

Cons

Mentality of entire corporation is negative and demeaning to employees, from "badge in, badge out" to lack of appreciation or consideration of employees.

Look up consideration, empathy, and employee value in a dictionary

1889 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Rewarding Experience with Huge Growth Opportunities

Current Employee - Sales in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

DISH is a dynamic, growth focused enterprise that attracts people who value a challenge and expect results (from themselves, their team mates, and if the team delivers, their employer). The product is awesome and getting better with every new release. This is a rewarding work experience that delivers an education about business that money can't buy.

Cons

If you're not one to be held accountable for your actions (small and large), then DISH is not for you. There is a culture of accountability here which is becoming rare in business. This culture could be considered by some to be a negative.

Support and reward those employees who "get it". Those employees who live per your value structure of Pride, Adventure, and Winning. Continue to seek and place value in employees opinions like you have over the past year.

Much improved DISH - THANK YOU!

Current Employee - Management in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Management in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I certainly could add all of the negative things I'v experienced through the years, however, I dont feel that would reflect the great things that have occurred over the last 24 months. We are no longer JUST a satellite company, we have made key acquisitions, partnerships, and changes to improve our position, customer retention and most importantly employee retention. I feel Joe Clayton was a muched needed energy for the company. Its his vision, excitement and passion that we see which drives us to do better.

Frankly, it bothers me that we have employees who don't feel appreciated. I don't think thats a reflection of the entire company v. the individual manager who hasn't taken the time to recognize your acomplishments, or give you the reward/recognition.

This is a technology company, we MUST work harder, and smarter that many companies if we want to continue being a viable company in the future. Technology changes, customer want MORE, and dont want to always pay for it. therefore, we must constantly be on the move, otherwise, we'll get passed by.

I dont think Charlie Ergen started this company with just 14 million subscribers in mind. Frankly, I'm glad we have a Chairman who's vision keeps us employed, and a CEO who has taken the time to make things better for the employees.

I'm proud to say I work for Dish Network!

Cons

Oddly enough, I have to enter something in the CONS section, if I want to submit my review.

Continue the rewards/recognition. The praise goes along way with employees. I'm in the room with employees, and when we see/hear the passion of our senior leadership it fuels us to WIN.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH