There are newer employer reviews for DISH

So far so good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free TV
Opportunity for advancement
Great co-workers
Company is growing, so it is a good time to be apart of the team.

Cons

Pay could be better
Technology could be better when it comes to what is available to do your job as effectively as possible.

Continue to listen to your employees, positive changes have happened since I started. Do not stop there, the culture is shifting in a positive direction, as long as management remains positive and realistic. Transparency is also increasing, which makes everyone feel involved with the direction of the company.

Buy Sprint already!

1747 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

6 Years And No Real Complaints

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company is very smart with money and very stable. There is never a fear that the company is "going under" or about to drop staff.

Cons

I hear the salary isn't as high as some other companies but I've received multiple raises and promotions in my 6+ years here and am quite comfortable with my current pay and future prospects.

The move toward more lax "core hours" is a great one. Now just loosen up on bad weather days for those with laptops a few times a year and we'll be set.

Dish-Satisfaction

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist  in  Blacksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Blacksburg, VA

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Dish Network is a company that has substantiated itself as a leader in the industry when it comes to technology, programming, and pricing. I am happy to represent a company that has so much to offer to customers with cutting edge technology and that cares so deeply about it's customers feedback (which is a con as well).
    Thanks for leaning back on Mandatory ET!
    Making ET incentives to loosen dress code, roll back occurrence points etc...
    I have been with Dish for many years and the only constant is change which is allows me to feel comfortable writing a cons section and knowing that with change comes the possibility of positive progression!

Cons

Our metrics are a major area of focus in which we have opportunity as a business.
    Agents have stats that are built upon QA (Quality assurance) AHT (average handle time) repeat rate and CSAT. Now above I listed caring what our customers think as a pro however it can be a con as well. Right now our structure is based on hitting all the metrics above 98.01% to goal or higher but with CSAT (customer satisfaction) your Pay For Performance is paid out on a percentage of CSAT. So if you are 110% to goal you could receive 35% payout. Customers are called back to do our survey and rank our questions 1-5 1 being the worst and 5 being the best. There are times where a customer scores the survey a 1 or 2 and the supervisor has to call the customer back. If they leave no voicemail stating that the agent did a great job and referencing the agent by name the low survey score will not be overturned. Even if the supervisor calls back and the customer says the last agent was great it will not be overturned. So the supervisor takes their time they could use to develop the agents to call customers back that will make no difference in overturning CSATs; and the Coaches stats/payout is based on all their agents together. This is demoralizing to Agents and Supervisors. I have seen instances were a customer has escalated and the tool malfunctioned that sends the customer and the survey to the supervisors line. When the CSAT survey was disputed the person in charge of overturning them said no. There is no written structure of what is/can be overturned. So this one person has the power to make any decision he feels is right with no structure. Dish is too big of a company and this is too sensitive of an issue that can potentially shift up to 35% less on an agent's paycheck.
    When you bring these issues up they get easily dismissed and the more you bring them up the more they sound like a complaint.

Come up with a structured dispute process that allows agents and Coaches to know that they have an equal and fair opportunity to have CSATs disputed/overturned and increase morale.

Don't create forums and round tables that are designed for feedback and then micro-manage/reprimand Agents for using those avenues to provide feedback/criticism.

Create as many incentives as you can for all positions not just agents

Give all departments a chance to get some type of Pay For Performance (Bonuses)

What you are doing well continue to do it!

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!