DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Don't go down this road

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Littleton, CO
Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fortune 200 company, can't think of anything else

Cons

low pay, poor benefits, low morale

Pay your employees something that they can live off of. My department schedules potlucks, happy hours, etc. around pay day because everyone lives pay check to pay check. Smart people here too, degrees from Notre Dame, CO school of Mines, DU, Virginia Tech, and more, and it's not uncommon for us to do a ride along with a technician who makes more then us. Managers will ask you to take on a project, and then claim to their superiors that the work is their own, even going so far as scrubbing emails. A great place to come to work if you're a glutton for punishment, otherwise you can and will find something better.

1877 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Not an employee focused employer.

Former Employee - General Manager in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - General Manager in South Bend, IN

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is very good at promoting from within. Employees with drive and talent can progress to positions throughout the company.

Cons

Field employees are required to work excessive hours. The company does not seriously consider the safety issues surrounding weather and exhaustion.

Balance the desire to grow with the benefits of a satisfied employee.

Good for early career growth

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I ve read a lot of bad reviews and I wonder why...I think it all just depends on your team and manager. Working in the IT department isnt as bad..
    1. Opportunity to work on some major projects and make an impact
    2. Great people around you always willing to help out
    3. Open door policy - you can directly go one or two levels above you and talk about something if you have to..they will listen
    4. Company invests in growth and infrastructure, so its good that you get to work on the latest technology and not outdated ones
    5. Free satellite TV package with premium movie channels

Cons

1. Pay is average, benefits are poor - there isnt much incentive to stay here long term
    2. Company is quite rigid with work schedules, no flex hours or work from home policy
    3. Sometimes, employees are just treated as material resources (especially by PMs who only care about getting their project done no matter what it takes)

1. Give your best people incentive to stay long term (compensation, benfits, bonuses, etc.) otherwise they will leave
    2. Be flexible as far as work hours are concerned, emphasis should be on getting the job done instead of completing 40 hours in a week..

There are newer employer reviews for DISH