DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Not an employee focused employer.

Former Employee - General Manager in South Bend, IN
Former Employee - General Manager in South Bend, IN

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is very good at promoting from within. Employees with drive and talent can progress to positions throughout the company.

Cons

Field employees are required to work excessive hours. The company does not seriously consider the safety issues surrounding weather and exhaustion.

Balance the desire to grow with the benefits of a satisfied employee.

1857 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Great Job

Current Employee - Technician in Rolla, MO
    Current Employee - Technician in Rolla, MO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay and incentives for employees, truly is best tv provider in industry, would recomend to anyone looking for a CAREER not a job. They truly reward you if your willing to put in the effort.

Cons

The hours are tough makes it hard for employees with families but would be harder if you did not have a job. Have to be grateful to have a job these days.

Am please to see more employee involvement in all the new aspects of company as we take Dish to the top !

Worst job I've ever had!

Former Employee - Material Handler, TECH (Installer) in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Material Handler, TECH (Installer) in Sacramento, CA

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The biggest "Pro" was the high turn-over rate. Eventually the micromanaging manager or supervisor who made your life at work miserable would be belittled and fired by someone higher up then themselves. Those days and other days when Dish lost lawsuits became the best days I ever experienced working for both EchoStar and Dish Network.

Cons

When I worked for Dish the company was trying to obtain an industry award. To obtain this award they needed more subscribers, and specifically more employee subscribers. To achieve this every office and warehouse location posted a list containing the names of all employees at that location. Next to everyone's name was an indication of whether or not that employee had Dish Network service in their home. All of us were told by management that we needed to sign up for Dish service with no exceptions. Those of us that did not or could not because of Home Owner Association Rules or other restrictions with apartment complexes were routinely harassed to do so, and were denied raises regardless of our performance on the job. Many of us worked for Dish but preferred other service providers namely DirecTV for their superior programming and customer service. Dish offered a "discount" but not completely free programming for its employees, and many of us would rather pay full price for a competitors service which should be our right to do whatever we like outside of work. This award that Dish was striving for, and I believe eventually obtained gave bonuses to all of those at the top with Charlie Ergen and very little to nothing to the mast majority of the company employees who did 90% of the work at Dish. I worked for both EchoStar and later Dish Network, and both jobs were the worst jobs I have ever had.

Start over from scratch, and begin doing so with Charlie Ergen. Then, and only then will Dish Network and Echostar have a chance at being a great company to work for.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH