DISH

www.dish.com

Stuff Rolls Downhill

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Green Bay, WI

ProsInnovative products at relatively low prices compared to the competition. More programming choices, including international programming that competitors don't have. Call center offered four 10-hour day schedule, which was nice.

ConsHired by AEI, the DISH installation agency for most of Wisconsin and Michigan. No training other than listening in with another agent for a day. Minimal training materials. Had to make my own binder of job aides on equipment, programming, and policies. Was instructed to not assist customers if AEI had not been out to residence in over 60 days, even if it was something easy to fix. Had to transfer calls to 'Senior Technical Advisor' at DISH. Techs had it worse. Worked 6 days a week, 10-12 hour days. Was instructed not to record any kind of negative comments from customers about service installers (being late, rude, unprofessional, etc.) where DISH could see them. Instead, we had to pass comments on to supervisors who would, allegedly, pass them onto office managers. Apparently, they were afraid of the wrath of DISH, too. Call center managers just sat in their office all day looking busy, interacting with agents too infrequently, rarely having anything helpful to say. Worst work experience of my 25 year work history.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some respect for your customers and employees and maybe you'll create a better professional reputation for yourself. But since the word 'respect' is an alien concept to you, I doubt you ever will.

Principal Analyst/Developer

Principal Analyst/Developer (Current Employee) Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great Opportunities. GC processing. Dynamic Environment with changing requirements. Cons: Flexible Hours. Work From Home. Health Benefits Advice to Senior Management: Pls make changes to below to be on par with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It is what it is

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros: I went in to DISH with eyes wide open. I knew what I was getting into, and it is as advertised... on the plus side,… Cons: Here's the problem... the time off and benefits stink, and the company culture is terrible. Their standard line is 'DISH isn't for everyone'... yeah, ok,… Advice to Senior Management: Trust your staff and treat them with respect, provide competitive pay… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!