DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Customer Service Rep

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Paso, TX
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Paso, TX

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training was so much fun, we even had time to Celebrate coworkers birthdays.
4 week training.
"Free cable" $40 dlls discount which can cover most of the bill.

Cons

Dealing with customers with heavy accent... Specially when working graveyard you will get calls from 1 am to 5 am.
They will force you to get their service with a 2 yr agreement and if you leave the company you will be stuck with them.
They are in constant ending contracts with channels and when you have a bigger name company wanting to raise their prices DISH simply cuts them off and we have to deal with angry customers not getting their shows.

Micromanagement does not work well for the company. Management are in desperately need of educated personal and not someone that just had his/her High School diploma.

1877 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Dish - A good place to learn how NOT to manage.

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Hmmmmmm, give me some time, I'll think of something. Uhm sorry nope, nothing comes to mind. Wait, wait, somethings coming...oh yeah, free top tier programming.

Cons

Uber micromanagement. Complete and utter lack of trust. Pay well below the market. They love to make the employees think they are easily disposable. My manager once said he wished he could just have a team of robots and that pretty much nails it.

Get a grip. We are humans not machines. We care more about our families than work; it's why we work.

Painful.

Current Employee - Isa in Pine Brook, NJ
    Current Employee - Isa in Pine Brook, NJ

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay is decent.It's a full time,permanent job that's always hiring

Meaning you can always leave and come back if necessary and you can get your friends hired if they need work....that's about it.

SOME room for growth or transfer to a different dept(if you stay long enough and kiss ass hard enough).

Cons

Almost everything else.Benefits are horrible.

Be a normal company

.With normal time and attendance policies and disciplinary policies.(You can lie to a customer ,all day long but you can't come in one minute late basically.IM NOT JOKING).

.Stop with the mandatory overtime and hand out real benefits and you might keep people past 9 months.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH