DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Customer Service Rep

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Paso, TX
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Paso, TX

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training was so much fun, we even had time to Celebrate coworkers birthdays.
4 week training.
"Free cable" $40 dlls discount which can cover most of the bill.

Cons

Dealing with customers with heavy accent... Specially when working graveyard you will get calls from 1 am to 5 am.
They will force you to get their service with a 2 yr agreement and if you leave the company you will be stuck with them.
They are in constant ending contracts with channels and when you have a bigger name company wanting to raise their prices DISH simply cuts them off and we have to deal with angry customers not getting their shows.

Micromanagement does not work well for the company. Management are in desperately need of educated personal and not someone that just had his/her High School diploma.

1857 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Dysfunctional

Current Employee - Coach/Supervisor in Flushing, NY
    Current Employee - Coach/Supervisor in Flushing, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Get to work with diverse group of people, chance to increase your pay with incentives and bonuses

Cons

Very mismanaged call center from the GM level down to the manager level. Favoritism and office politics is a daily routine here. Management does not know how to evaluate talent and manage their employees. The Queens call center has become very demoralizing for staff and agents because of constant back-stabbing and high turnover. The motto by GM is "if you don't like it here go find another job". No motivation to advance and career path.

Put a competent leadership staff in your call centers and maybe employees will won't be so demoralized

Worst company by FAR to work for....

Current Employee - Field Service Technician
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only good thing about working at dish is 3 days off (as a Field Service Technician) and a decent discount on the TV bill...which I think should free...and thats about it!

Cons

Dish Network is the worst company I have ever worked for. I have never worked for such a poorly run company. They expect the world from the techs (and I'm sure every other employee) and give nothing back, not even the appropriate inventory/tools when needed.....

I have worked for the company for 3 years and they aren't even decent enough to give me a cost-of-living raise....not even a penny! For 3 years. Who does that and expects 100% out of their employees? The company has been designed for employees (in this case, technicians) to fail, not succeed. For instance:

Technicians are held accountable for things we have no control over. Ex: we go to a customer's house to install, if the customer doesn't have internet for us to connect to the receivers, we get "dinged" for it....or say the customer is a "dish mover", well most people tend to jump the gun when calling to have their service transferred, but most do not have their interent services moved yet. Who does that count against? The Technician. Or...we go to a customer's house to install/move. They do not have line of sight for the service because of trees, or maybe its an apartment and the dish has to be concealed within the balcony/porch and we can not provide service due to no line of sight....who does that count against? The Technician. These are a couple of areas you as a Technician at Dish will have to exceed in to become eligable for promotion.

I am a very hard worker and I do my job well, anyone I work with can tell you that. My productivity and completion numbers are among the highest in our office and some how I am not quite good enough for a raise. Not even a penny.

Truth is...I could give 100 reasons not to work for Dish Network. Word of advice, make it your absolute last resort!

I could not even begin to tell "management" where to begin....I think the best solution is to either sell the company or close up shop.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH