DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Decent Job

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in McKeesport, PA
Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in McKeesport, PA

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good Company to work for overall

Cons

Moved our of town when lease was up.

Pay more to CSRs and will retain the good employees.

1889 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Installing TV is more than just labor.

Current Employee - Dish Technician in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Dish Technician in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not spending the day in the same building all day

Cons

Being forced to sell pointless accessories and junk to customer when installing TV service, being treated like you don't have a say in your work when management judges you based on performance related stats generated by a computer. not being eligible for promotion for the smallest details such as forgetting to put a location sticker on a remote control that serves no purpose. Not having a life outside of work due to an average of 13hr shifts..

don't be so greedy, think of other peoples lives.. especially the ones who work for you.

If you're looking for a company that values it's employees.......keep looking

Former Employee - Executive Resolution Specialist in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Executive Resolution Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Dish hires people of all ages, ethnic backgrounds and abilities.

Cons

Very negative atmosphere with little praise or appreciation for a job well done. The Executive Resolution Team handles extremely upset customers who often have been transferred from one rep to another and getting more abusive and frustrated with each transfer. Agents are held to a call center schedule with each minute of each workday accounted for and repercussions for missed metrics. An outrageous Quality Assurance process ensures agents will seldom make bonus. Worst company I've ever worked for - you are reminded so often you're lucky to have a job - you begin to doubt your talent and abilities.

The attempts to improve employee morale after Glass Door's review was publicized by the WSJ went only as far as corporate hq - not to the call centers and regional offices. Employees there have continued to be ignored and are the backbone and most valuable assets the company has - as they are the ones the customer deals with. When I cancelled my Dish service.... I had to walk the agent through the process of canceling my own account.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH