DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Excellent Learning Opportunity

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Littleton, CO
Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Ample opportunity for increasing knowledge and experience. High career growth potential. In my short time with Dish my knowledge of fundamental business/development programs has improved greatly.

Cons

It's only about the bottom line, from salaries to basic office supplies/equipment Dish is as cheap as they come.

Morale is extremely low, take the "hopportunity" to invest in employees. If they feel appreciated it will be reflected in their work.

1961 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Dish is not that bad of a place to work for.

Cons

Some managers are very old school, not very open to new ideas. Most of the marketing campaigns and promotions are designed to confuse customers and partners.

DISH - Definitely the worst company to work for!

Former Employee - Agent, CSS, Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Agent, CSS, Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The plants in the corporate building are very nice.

Cons

Initially I worked in the Littleton Call Center, aka Riverfront as a Commercial Customer Service Representative. First off, the building is dirty. The dining rooms are filthy. There is so much dust and dander above in the exposed duct work that many people, including myself had respiratory issues.
    Quality of life is 100% non-existent at Dish. You are given a horrible schedule that can and will change within a day or two notice. Transportation, school or childcare issues, you better figure it out and fast! Management doesn’t care. The worst was when a holiday came up, if you were 1 of the 4 people who requested it off and got approved, you were lucky – the others would still be expected to come in for their regular shift and hope they get sent home early, (without pay) so you couldn’t plan a family BBQ or trip because you were expected to be at work – even though being in the commercial department, most businesses would be closed on say a 4th of July, but forecasting is something that is unheard of in this call center, so you would be expected to show up and then get sent home because by mid-morning management would finally realize that most businesses are closed on the 4th of July, but your day is wrecked. It was this way for every holiday.
    Training is also non-existent at Dish. Most agents would make up the answer, because management, even trainers usually didn’t know and nothing relevant can be found on the intranet. College sports, PPV events, the launch of the Joey/Hopper, Dish Internet – forget about it! What a joke, it was the blind leading the blind. Sure they held “Up Trainings” whereas you were supposed to be refreshed on topics or introduced to a new product, but when even the “trainer” doesn’t know the product or details, it is a lost cause.
    After 1.5 years in the call center, I finally got my big break, my big promotion to corporate for a job well done. Ha. This was actually a “demotion”, as I lost all the overtime and commission I was receiving as an agent and switched to salary. So, I lost about $350 a month by accepting this demotion. When we are talking Dish pay, $350 is monumental. I also had to pay for public transportation all the way out to the corporate office in Meriden, (which is out in the middle of nowhere) since Dish doesn’t provide RTD passes (even though they are headquartered here and the corporate office & a major call center (Riverfront) are located on the Lightrail lines, which was another $100 a month gone. I turned down the demotion initially, but was strong-armed and basically threatened into accepting it. Luckily, I didn’t go bankrupt while employed at Dish, but it was certainly close.
    Health Insurance. I would have been better off not to have the insurance at all – going to the doctor would cost a small fortune, on top of the huge monthly premium I had to pay. It’s a shame that a company this large has such terrible benefits.
    Corporate. The building was nice, had nice plants. However, you had, had to be scanned in NO LATER than 9:00am. If you were 30 seconds late and the time rolled over to 9:01, you would be on “Charlie’s List” – this is a list that goes to Charlie Ergen of anyone who was “late”. If you showed up late, (no matter the reason) you would have to explain yourself to your department Vice President. Even if you worked 10, 12 hour days, you better be in before 9am. Now, if you had a pre-scheduled appointment, your supervisor could send an email to a “LateArrivals” email address to excuse you.
    While at corporate, I realized that nothing gets done because most everyone spends their time being busy, opposed to being productive. Going here, going there, attending this or that meeting that they don’t need to, just shuffling around, trying to look important. I also heard a lot of “that’s not my job” or “that’s not my department” when asking for something as simple as a report or data. A lot of shuffling around and busy work. As opposed to taking care of business and being productive. I was on the receiving end of this while in the call center, experienced the ball being dropped by corporate first hand.
    I could go on and on and on. Bottom line, I am flabbergasted at how poorly Dish treats its employees and customers. I do not recommend that anyone work at Dish or subscribe to Dish service.

Take the time to invest in employees- pay, training, benefits, etc and in turn, they will be happy and actually care, which will reflect in the customer service.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH