There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Horrible place to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO
Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great money and great gifts.

Cons

horrible management, no balance of life, 50 to 60 hours a week. they tell you its not mandatory but if you dont do them they find a way to fire you. Vacation time has to be entered by a coach in my case i was on a final i asked my coach to enter vacation time for me which he didnt so i was unaware i didnt have my vacation set up. it was a no call no show. and he terminated me for abandoning my job. very stressful place, very high turn over rate i've worked for time warner and comcast and hands down dish is the worst place to work for. joe clayton tells us not to write on glassdoor.com to send him an email with any issues we have but if we do we get walked out.

Advice to Management

dont treat your employees like dogs.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

Promised a great opportunity, provided a lie

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great tech's that work hard everyday. Four day work week. Great direct Managment. Ok pay.

Cons

Techs are overloaded pay a dispatch computer that sends them all over the map with dispatchers who don't care. Upper management screams about points per hour but says the dispatch system doesn't have anything to do with it. Upper management tells lower to do things that are completely unrealistic. Wants van layouts that Dont work And then want to punish techs for not having their vans to layout. Consistently raise monthly goals for sales that techs have to meet and threaten to write them up if they don't meet the goals. Meanwhile, they are trying to finish 7 jobs and bring some of those jobs up to standard that subcontractors did wrong. Providing insurance that is useless unless you get in to a major accident but charge you $150 a paycheck to have it. Upper management doesn't care what their lower managers have to say. They will tell their IM's and FSM's one thing one day and another the next. Get angry when they didn't accomplish goals when the goals were not reachable to begin with. Upper management doesn't care now nor will they ever care about the techs. If a manager shows any kind of loyalty to a tech, that manager is singled out and they find a way to punish him. To show you the integrity of the company. When Dish was listed "As the worst company to work for" all of our managers received e mails from The Colorado home office stating. Please go to Glassdoor.com and tell everyone how wonderful it is to work here at Dish. That may be true in Colorado, in the field elsewhere however, no. Run far and run fast. Just don't run to here.....

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who are actually in the field doing the job. Don't threaten people or make them feel like they don't matter but tell them to treat others like gold. Train people better so they don't get in to the field and get lost. You can't expect people to do a good job without providing the tools

The worst employer I can even imagine...

Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Littleton, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. I am ashamed to say I ever worked here and future employers have stated on multiple occasions that seeing dish network on a resume turns them away.

Cons

Terrible management. No concern for employees. Poor wages. Negative environment.

Advice to Management

Try to at least pretend your employees matter.