There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Horrible place to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO
Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great money and great gifts.

Cons

horrible management, no balance of life, 50 to 60 hours a week. they tell you its not mandatory but if you dont do them they find a way to fire you. Vacation time has to be entered by a coach in my case i was on a final i asked my coach to enter vacation time for me which he didnt so i was unaware i didnt have my vacation set up. it was a no call no show. and he terminated me for abandoning my job. very stressful place, very high turn over rate i've worked for time warner and comcast and hands down dish is the worst place to work for. joe clayton tells us not to write on glassdoor.com to send him an email with any issues we have but if we do we get walked out.

dont treat your employees like dogs.

1792 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Benefits

Current Employee - FRC in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - FRC in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

4 day work week, good pay for dispatch

Cons

They told us all our benefits were going to get better. The two biggest things I saw were same sex benefits were added (which I do not need) and the price went up. I have never seen a company not offer paid sick days. And everyone working knows, if there is a family problem and we can't be there for Dish for awhile, they will fire you and move on.

Wake up!! Naming us Field Resource Coordinators does not make us feel more special!! When talking to a customer, we still still have to say "dispatcher"!!

Pays bills, get free tv service. Could be better . Lower,upper, and mid level management is awful

Current Employee - Technician in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Technician in Louisville, KY

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free tv service and having a decent paying job.

Cons

Ridiculous expectations. Long hours and work outside rain or shine , hot or cold. Benefits are either minimal or outrageous, no inbetween. The dispatch system sucks and is designed for failure so they can hire someone cheaper to pay to get the job done and not give long term benefits. You are just a number. They provide you with the cheapest tools they can find. Only take this job if you don't have a degree or choice.

Try and treat employees like human beings and not objects

There are newer employer reviews for DISH