DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Good place to work

Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Dish is not that bad of a place to work for.

Cons

Some managers are very old school, not very open to new ideas. Most of the marketing campaigns and promotions are designed to confuse customers and partners.

1879 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

DISH - Definitely the worst company to work for!

Former Employee - Agent, CSS, Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Agent, CSS, Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The plants in the corporate building are very nice.

Cons

Initially I worked in the Littleton Call Center, aka Riverfront as a Commercial Customer Service Representative. First off, the building is dirty. The dining rooms are filthy. There is so much dust and dander above in the exposed duct work that many people, including myself had respiratory issues.
    Quality of life is 100% non-existent at Dish. You are given a horrible schedule that can and will change within a day or two notice. Transportation, school or childcare issues, you better figure it out and fast! Management doesn’t care. The worst was when a holiday came up, if you were 1 of the 4 people who requested it off and got approved, you were lucky – the others would still be expected to come in for their regular shift and hope they get sent home early, (without pay) so you couldn’t plan a family BBQ or trip because you were expected to be at work – even though being in the commercial department, most businesses would be closed on say a 4th of July, but forecasting is something that is unheard of in this call center, so you would be expected to show up and then get sent home because by mid-morning management would finally realize that most businesses are closed on the 4th of July, but your day is wrecked. It was this way for every holiday.
    Training is also non-existent at Dish. Most agents would make up the answer, because management, even trainers usually didn’t know and nothing relevant can be found on the intranet. College sports, PPV events, the launch of the Joey/Hopper, Dish Internet – forget about it! What a joke, it was the blind leading the blind. Sure they held “Up Trainings” whereas you were supposed to be refreshed on topics or introduced to a new product, but when even the “trainer” doesn’t know the product or details, it is a lost cause.
    After 1.5 years in the call center, I finally got my big break, my big promotion to corporate for a job well done. Ha. This was actually a “demotion”, as I lost all the overtime and commission I was receiving as an agent and switched to salary. So, I lost about $350 a month by accepting this demotion. When we are talking Dish pay, $350 is monumental. I also had to pay for public transportation all the way out to the corporate office in Meriden, (which is out in the middle of nowhere) since Dish doesn’t provide RTD passes (even though they are headquartered here and the corporate office & a major call center (Riverfront) are located on the Lightrail lines, which was another $100 a month gone. I turned down the demotion initially, but was strong-armed and basically threatened into accepting it. Luckily, I didn’t go bankrupt while employed at Dish, but it was certainly close.
    Health Insurance. I would have been better off not to have the insurance at all – going to the doctor would cost a small fortune, on top of the huge monthly premium I had to pay. It’s a shame that a company this large has such terrible benefits.
    Corporate. The building was nice, had nice plants. However, you had, had to be scanned in NO LATER than 9:00am. If you were 30 seconds late and the time rolled over to 9:01, you would be on “Charlie’s List” – this is a list that goes to Charlie Ergen of anyone who was “late”. If you showed up late, (no matter the reason) you would have to explain yourself to your department Vice President. Even if you worked 10, 12 hour days, you better be in before 9am. Now, if you had a pre-scheduled appointment, your supervisor could send an email to a “LateArrivals” email address to excuse you.
    While at corporate, I realized that nothing gets done because most everyone spends their time being busy, opposed to being productive. Going here, going there, attending this or that meeting that they don’t need to, just shuffling around, trying to look important. I also heard a lot of “that’s not my job” or “that’s not my department” when asking for something as simple as a report or data. A lot of shuffling around and busy work. As opposed to taking care of business and being productive. I was on the receiving end of this while in the call center, experienced the ball being dropped by corporate first hand.
    I could go on and on and on. Bottom line, I am flabbergasted at how poorly Dish treats its employees and customers. I do not recommend that anyone work at Dish or subscribe to Dish service.

Take the time to invest in employees- pay, training, benefits, etc and in turn, they will be happy and actually care, which will reflect in the customer service.

Don't work here unless you want to be used and not get paid for what you do.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Flushing, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Flushing, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You work with a great diverse staff

Cons

First I want to say I am a real dish employee and I don't post fake goody stuff on this website as others have done to boost fake postivity, and also I signed up to work for dish network satellite not DISH WORLD, I am not getting paid extra, I'm doing more, my current dish network metrics are being affected for this extra stuff I do. It's not fair, we were promised since dish world came in affect we would be compensated for this and nothing has been done it's been more than 2 years. The pay out cycle for us is ridiculous and sales as well, they recently added a sales dept in out floor and they are making so much better money than we do. Me as a international rep take care of sales, opening and closing acct (I get no commission for that) billing, and full tech procedures as for dish world I do all of those too plus some new stuff like trouble shoot smart tv and things that is a waste of my time.. Why do I do so much more than regular agent and get paid the same? It's unfair, using and squeezing the crap out of us, I wish justice and respect can reach this call center.

Management, stop looking the other way when it comes to DISHWORLD, stop ignoring us, this isn't fair, the contract I signed was dishnetwork not dish world when I started working here. Stop abusing us and changing payouts constantly making our lives miserable. Gettin finals for being 1-5 minute late is ridiculous. This company has potential but the abuse you give us really hurts us mentally and financially. Actually listen to us, you say "post your concerns on dish forum" yet if we say anything slightly negative u get management in our call centers to bark at us and eventually fire us. Be fair, actually care and listen to what we have to say. I heard your on top of us now because you read we have the worst reviews from all centers, u know why? Because the lack of attention you give us for dish world and not paying us appropriately.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH