DISH

www.dish.com

A job while you are looking for another

Staff Accountant (Former Employee) Englewood, CO

ProsPaycheck, although not industry standard.
Covered parking if you get there early enough
Cafe onsite with good food

ConsLack of communciation, especially as one goes up the ladder. There are quite a few managers that are not willing to meet to resolve issues or find a more efficient way of handling tasks. Too many people that have made it up the ladder and are just waiting for retirement. The CEO sent out an email recently that stated changes were made for the better...that memo announced that VPs had become Sr. VPs, etc. In accounting, employees are expected to work 60+ hours a week with no compensation. Managers deny doctor's appointments and suggest they be made before 9 a.m. and after 4 p.m. or at lunch...but only between 11:30 and 1:00...not a lot of doctors that have appointments during those hours.

There are many employees that have a real attitude about their work and are either afraid to share what they know because they are afraid they will lose their job or will not speak at all because they are afraid they will be given something else to do.

Too much micromanagement...you hired employees for their knowledge, let them use it. The interview process is a joke...takes two months to finally get an interview. Have to "pass" the tests and assessments given...they should really look at some of the employees that were there prior to the assessments...don't think they would pass now.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook up the ladder at some of the mid managers that do not have the "DISH attitude" as described by CEO Joe Clayton. There are some new managers that have the right attitude and ambition, but I wonder how long that will be before they lose that and just go with the flow and continually see a turnover.

contractor experience at dish network

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: fair contracting terms good contracting experience Cons: weak processes and hence lack of predictibility Advice to Senior Management: think strategic and stop focusing on what you think...think customer - means more market research and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Company has made a huge turnaround!!

Marketing (Current Employee) Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros: Soo many new high level execs have come in with a key objective to make it a better work environment. Everyone is so focused,… Cons: Lots of new and young people but I'm not sure… Advice to Senior Management: Keep Charlie out of the building. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!