There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Great upward mobility and job security

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

Lifetime job for median performance with little job skills required

Cons

rough hours, need to be flexible

1753 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

You've been warned...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

- You get discounted, not free, TV service
    - Location in Douglas County is nice because there's little traffic to contend with
    - You can turn a job into a career. Many employees who started in low level hourly jobs now with big paychecks and in high positions; also a con - see below
    - You no longer get charged for plastic forks or spoons in the cafeteria

Cons

I would not recommend working here.

- The health insurance plans SUCK. Understand that the main health plan is a HDHP; high deductible health plan. If you are young, have no health issues and no family, this can work for you. If you have a family and any type of minor health issues, this is beyond a costly plan. They just raised the cost per month on families this year as well. I pay over $300/month and have to cover everything out of pocket up to my $11,000 deductible. DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THE HIGH DEDUCTIBLE HEALTH PLANS!!!
    -There's absolutely no flexibility in work schedules. Working from home is strictly not allowed. The core hours although technically removed are still in effect. If you arrive/leave before/after 9am/4pm, it will be held against you.
    - The culture is highly political. If you send an email to a person higher in the org chart, chances are they will not respond to you. It requires your manager to get involved constantly to get any attention.
    - There are a ton of people at DISH with 10-20 years at the company who have been promoted in to positions beyond their skillset. They are good at their jobs because they know the company inside and out and who to talk to but don't have outside experience to draw upon and therefore processes and systems are antiquated.
    - The giant Meridian facility is a nightmare. Parking sucks, the interior is old and beat up, computers are old; my monitor is a 4:3 aspect; didn't know they still existed... there are too few bathrooms for the amount of people in the building, the cafeteria is severely under-equiped to heat up your food at lunch; all minor issues but an annoyance on a daily basis.
    - There's an underlying distrust of employees that is so engrained in the culture that no matter how much window dressing they do in an attempt to change the perception, it will always be viewed as a prison work release program as one person so eloquently described it.

Joe Clayton is a step in the right direction but there is a lot of damage that needs to be repaired. I won't be around to see how it turns out.

Great money, TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT

Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate  in  Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Littleton, CO

I worked at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Qucik commission, easiest sales job I ever had.

Cons

Short sighted management, shift changes, zero tolerance attendance policy, lack of appreciation and recognition

Appreciate and award your top performers and maybe they'll stay longer...

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!