There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Company has made a huge turnaround!!

Current Employee - Marketing in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Marketing in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Soo many new high level execs have come in with a key objective to make it a better work environment. Everyone is so focused, it's become a really good place to work very quickly. Yes they get reports on when employees come in and leave, but they use them to make sure employees aren't working too hard. Personally I love it, but I'm fairly new. One of the coolest things I've seen is that they let employees change groups once they feel like they've mastered their current position. Lots of employee training and growth potential.

Cons

Lots of new and young people but I'm not sure that's bad.

Advice to Management

Keep Charlie out of the building.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

1. Satellite TV Technician/Installer

Current Employee - Satellite TV Technician/Installer in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Satellite TV Technician/Installer in Loveland, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to control your own destiny. Working with customers. Dish has a great product. Dish is trying to be number one in customer service. They provide the tools required for the job.

Cons

High school shop class mentality. Some previous installations are hack jobs that appear to be performed by jack leg installers primarily Direct TV contractors. Not all Direct TV installations are hack jobs and neither are all of the DISH installations installed to company standards. Dish is working to improve installation quality and service. The vans and trucks need to be serviced, and washed when they are dirty not just every other week.

Advice to Management

Support the techs better. Don't jump to conclusions if a tech calls for help they have called as a last resort, the tech is already stressed, be supportive instead of jumping to conclusions. Improve the field training so new tech's are not just thrown to the wolves.

Fear of losing job in a bad job market = Productivity

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent Pay, Three days off ( unless forced OT ), and decent co workers ( Techs ). Honestly there is not much else i could put on this category.

Cons

Long days, and just when you think your day might be over you get another job dumped on you because they leave scheduling calenders open till 3pm or another tech is sitting around somewhere. Computer generated routing is extremely inefficient but beats paying someone to do it in the companies eyes. Start time gets changed usually twice a year or more. We are micro managed to death. I never seen or even heard of a company who discourages thinking or uniqueness like Dish. Follow these steps to install, follow these steps to troubleshoot, your van has to be organized this way. If you don't do these things you are insubordinate. They want you to be robots with no opinion, no ideas, and definitely don't question the corporate way of doing things. The biggest problem with where i work is by far local management. Like my title says the atmosphere local management has created is what makes this place as bad as it is in my opinion. Due to lack of real management ability and technique they use fear, fear of losing your job to get techs to be "productive" . I am not trying to say we should be able to not do our jobs well and keep our job. I just disagree with how they go about it. I have seen the majority of senior techs either walk out or get fired on purpose because the atmosphere here just eats away at your soul until you just cant take it anymore. Because of the fear no one speaks out anymore, the one person who did......Fired.

Advice to Management

Take a look at the past two years and how many of the senior techs have walked off or been fired for miniscule things. Look at the higher then ever turnover rate here. These are proof of everything i have said. Treat your employees like they are valued not expendable. Encourage thinking and ideas, one way of doing things does not work for everyone.