Loving my job.

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Create work enviroment. All support staff is always eager to help, from senior agents to the coaches and managers. Great training and good knowledge database. Varying shifts, plus bonuses and celebrations almost monthly. Plenty to do even when you're not working.

Cons

If you're not a person that's used to change, that is the one thing that may hold you back. This is an ever changing and evolving business and you have to learn to change with it. That may be the only drawback to someone that is looking for a normal 9-5 job. If there is a need for the customer, then we have to fulfill it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good pay but doesn't make up for the other things

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

-Good pay
    -advancement opportunities
    -Discounted Tv service for employees(shouldn't it be free?)

Cons

-Discounted Tv service for employees(shouldn't it be free?) that is required!, that's right if you don't get their tv service you have zero chance of ever moving up in the company.

-this company has really absurd metrics , all this company cares is about numbers so things like i don't know like winter storms affecting your ability to get to their un-realistic goals are not taken in to account.

-the fact that no one , and i mean NO ONE at this company will own up and admit all the wrong things that where happening really irks me , instead its swept under the rug and senior management pretends it never happened, yeah they have employee surveys but they just come up with excuses as to why the ratings are bad on their own survey such as blaming employees for the bad ratings.

- the other thing that really upsets me about this company is how they asked all employees to go to glasdoor and put a good review of the company , yes this is a good company to work for if you can get past the issues but alot of the "good" reviews where literally written by employees at corporate who where told to write them.

-Medical benefits are horrid, you have to hit a deductible of 1,250 before the insurance begins to cover some of the cost , for years employees have been asking for better insurance, heck on the employee survey that was the one thing most employees asked for but we get nothing.. no choice.

Advice to Management

if you are going to continue to have employee surveys then please at least own up to the results i know too well most employees pretend they are happy because after all they need a pay check but that's on the surface in reality they still think of senior management as a figure head who has no clue what really goes on in the company.

Looking elsewhere

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love my coworkers and atmosphere

Cons

advancement, benefits, and communication flow

Advice to Management

When looking for applicants, look within first and actually use employees previous work history outside of dish to determine qualifications for position