Great Schedule, But.....

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Nashville, TN

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great schedule working 4 days on 3 days off. You are given route details at beginning of each day which can change at moments notice; however, you're given enough time to complete jobs. More senior technicians will be routed more work. You are supplied all the equipment needed to complete your jobs. The company does value employees who exemplify company morale and work to have high completion rates, low trouble calls, connectivity, and great customer scores with bonuses paid out up to $250 per pay period. There are always rewards such as trips to races, fights, and vacations. There is plenty of career opportunity as long as you showcase integrity and hard work ethic.

Cons

The benefits are horrible with high insurance premiums. At times there is a lot of overtime, and on top of installing you have to sale dish related equipment such as sound bars, surge protectors, screen cleaner etc.. The customer base is something to be desired but all in all when you're connecting their satellite service they are satisfied.

Advice to Management

Management is great. As long as you're doing your job right you won't get hassled.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Don't work for these people

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Long Is City, NY
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Long Is City, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The employees are friendly but don't let that fool you.

Cons

No job growth or promotion.
    Unfair monthly goals to meet.
    Mean and unfair management tactics to dispose employees at any time they wish.
    Raises are low if any.
    Hardly any paid holidays.
    They're open 365 days a year.
    Low pay for extremely tough labor and mental work.
    Human resources is horrible and cannot assist with anything until consulting with management.
    Upper management micromanages everything and does not care to hear any constructive input.
    Managers are forced to treat employees unfair because they themselves are treated unfair.
    Employees are treated like robots and terminated for anything and everything at will.

This place is a toxic work environment. From the CEO to the management and all the way to field technicians working at the customers homes. You truly will regret walking through their doors.

Advice to Management

Treat others how you'd like to be treated. We are all human and entitled to some quality of life. From an outstanding former employee I honestly wish I never heard the words dish network. Just awful. We all should be ashamed for allowing ourselves to work in that horrible establishment.

2. My Journey With Dish

Current Employee - Field Technician in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Field Technician in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's a lot of pro's in my opinion. I love the guys I work with, the techs are awesome and everyone in management except for an isolated fsm is a team player and awesome people. Personally management takes care of me, my field service manager, my IM and my GM do everything they can to help me out. They pay for all tools, equipment, and they pay fairly. There's opportunity for advancement, someone can easily advance from a level one technician to a level four in a matter of 2-3 years or less, with that comes a 30% pay increase. They pay the for gas and van maintenance, and also all supplies used. When works around you can work as much as you would like, with long days and 3 days off unless its mandatory overtime.

Cons

Other then the occasional late job that gets thrown on you I don't have much to gripe about at all, I personally enjoy the long hours/days and overtime.

Advice to Management

Tighten up hiring requirements for your trainees, as well as who you decide to promote into management positions. If they did bad work in the field as a tech, you can only imagine what type of manager they'll become.