Loved my job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nitro, WV
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nitro, WV

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dish was one of my favorite places to work. The people in the LSC were great to work with and for the most part were real team players. Most of the time I was told what was expected and then left alone to do my job. Customer service was really a top priority. I was treated very well by the local management and my comments are concerning observations of the way other employees were treated by the corporate office.

Cons

No job security, no matter how long you had been there or how well you did your job most of us knew that we were very expendable. In spite of Joe Claytons proclamation that "If you were doing your job you didn't need to worry about losing it." When the HR rep would pop in we all wondered whose turn it was to be promoted to customer status. It is the way of life at Dish. It happened a lot and to a some good employees in the short time I was there. When Fed-Ex showed up with a final paycheck- that was all the notice that some people got.

Advice to Management

Don't expect true loyalty from your employees when you do not operate by the same principle. When you treat people poorly don't be surprised when other people just walk away, it is hard to feel good about a company that has very little regard for their employees as people. "DISH is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless"..... .......................well almost everyone.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Challenging and interesting work

Current Employee - Internal Auditor in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Internal Auditor in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced environment Good compensation Forward thinking company pushing towards bigger and better Core philosophy is that if you put the customer first, everything else will work out for the best

Cons

Health insurance offered could be better Travel expense policy is pretty poor

Advice to Management

Keep moving in current direction, on the verge of greatness

Great Schedule, But.....

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Nashville, TN

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great schedule working 4 days on 3 days off. You are given route details at beginning of each day which can change at moments notice; however, you're given enough time to complete jobs. More senior technicians will be routed more work. You are supplied all the equipment needed to complete your jobs. The company does value employees who exemplify company morale and work to have high completion rates, low trouble calls, connectivity, and great customer scores with bonuses paid out up to $250 per pay period. There are always rewards such as trips to races, fights, and vacations. There is plenty of career opportunity as long as you showcase integrity and hard work ethic.

Cons

The benefits are horrible with high insurance premiums. At times there is a lot of overtime, and on top of installing you have to sale dish related equipment such as sound bars, surge protectors, screen cleaner etc.. The customer base is something to be desired but all in all when you're connecting their satellite service they are satisfied.

Advice to Management

Management is great. As long as you're doing your job right you won't get hassled.