There are newer employer reviews for DISH

I'm glad I worked there, but I don't miss it either

Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate  in  Littleton, CO
Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Littleton, CO

I worked at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hard work pays off, big time! Feel good about working for an honest company that doesn't lie to customers. They really try to make it a fun place to work! I have told many of my friends, "you wan't make some money, go sell for Dish"!

Cons

Almost every mistake is documented. Never can be late to work, 1 minute late is the same as an hour it seems! Some supervisors let their team take one hour lunch breaks, some only half-hour! Don't make plans for the weekend, because they make you work "extra time" on your scheduled days off. If you are a slacker, you won't have a job very long...trust me!

Hire more sales people so they don't have to work all that extra time! Let workers feel like they have a choice in working extra time, sometimes people really need to have their time off!

1742 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Opportunity

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great growth opportunities. Focused on improving the culture.

Cons

Benefits could be better. IT department could be better.

Focus on developing your people.

Over worked, under appreciated

Current Employee - Field Service Manager
    Current Employee - Field Service Manager

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Get to meet new customers every day. Get to work with some other people with good talent but due to a declining market cant leave.

Cons

Terrible health insurance. Myself as a member of management as well as technicians have sought out medicare for our children as the provided insurance will make you file for bankruptcy.

Hours worked as an FSM: we are the very lowest member management on a salary. In the northeast we often open and close every day and work well over 60 hours in just 4 days a week. Our lowest level technicians make more a week than you do as they get paid overtime and you do not.

Talent planning. This was never explained to me when I accepted the job but in a nutshell you have to re apply for your job every year, called talent planning. This is the time where Senior management GM, ROM, RD, and VP all get to pick who they like/dislike then HR fires them over the next few weeks.

Basically if you are ok with being under compensated for hours worked with little to no guidance as everyone above you will be home with their families. Forced to hire to a predetermined head count then send techs home day after day for lack of work, then at the end of month realize you are 10% higher on your budget due to 100k spent on subs resources while you were sending home internals everyday. Work side by side with peers that make 8-10k a year more than you just because they haven't been fired yet in talent planning but you out perform them all on PMR then this is the job for you.

Wake up. The market is going to change. Your talent especially in the Northeast will leave for less wage but a better home life, and insurance where I don't have to talk with my spouse about filing bankruptcy every time my children need vaccinations. The best part is Mr Clayton wants us to come on this website and leave positive remarks and not the real truth. So here you go Mr Clayton. Take the hoppertunity me and others are providing you and fix it, instead of covering it up.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!