DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

I'm glad I worked there, but I don't miss it either

Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Littleton, CO
Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Littleton, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hard work pays off, big time! Feel good about working for an honest company that doesn't lie to customers. They really try to make it a fun place to work! I have told many of my friends, "you wan't make some money, go sell for Dish"!

Cons

Almost every mistake is documented. Never can be late to work, 1 minute late is the same as an hour it seems! Some supervisors let their team take one hour lunch breaks, some only half-hour! Don't make plans for the weekend, because they make you work "extra time" on your scheduled days off. If you are a slacker, you won't have a job very long...trust me!

Hire more sales people so they don't have to work all that extra time! Let workers feel like they have a choice in working extra time, sometimes people really need to have their time off!

1883 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Worst company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great conversation starter when you tell people you work for the worst company to work for in the US.

Cons

Lot of pressure to meet the many many goals they have for us. People work like slaves with a lot of stress and little pay. U take a drink of water after a call and people are already yelling at u to take the next call.

Start caring about people not of your own careers. Treat everyone fairly. promote people because of their talent and merit not just because they are your friend. You can tell who's friends with GMand who is not. Those are friends get much opportunities.

Worst company to work for. I would give it zero stars if it gave me that option to do so.

Former Employee - Field Technician in Lowell, AR
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Lowell, AR

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I can not think of any positive things to say about this company. Maybe the small discount you get of your dish programming, but they still make you pay for the equipment and everything so even then not even that good.

Cons

Working weekends and ALL holidays. Poor management, and poor treatment. Its like being a slave. You wake up and work yourself dead in any weather climate there is and go home just to dread waking up to another work day for Dish. If you are a full time employee, you are required to work a minimum of 40 hrs a week, yet they only wanna give you 25 hrs of work a week. Good luck trying to live off of that. Especially if you have a family and bills. Its either that or they over work you, Making you work 5 or 6 days a week for 50+ hours a week expecting you to push your family aside and make them your main priority. You have no personal life because they want your life to revolve around dish. I wish I would have seen the reviews on this website before I made the mistake of working for Dish. Dont listen to all the positive reviews. They are not true. Theres a reason Dish was rated #1 worst company to work for.

It was a breathe of fresh air and a ton of weight off my shoulders when I left dish.

Understand that just because your life revolves around all things Dish does not mean everyone elses does. Theres a reason Dish was rate #1 worst company to work for and the management is one of those reasons.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH