Completely mental, No Physical

Former Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Alvin, TX
Former Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Alvin, TX

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The $$$ is the best part. You get to sit indoors, answer phones and help people with their problems. The advancement in the company is great. There is a set advancement timeline that will also increase pay. Training every week so as to stay in tune with what you'll be helping with. You might not be off for holidays but you'll get paid for doing nothing. Rarely anyone calls on holidays. They would rather you stay then leave but some times they'll allow you to leave so you'll get it off anyway. This happens occasionally.

Cons

No Holidays, unless you're already scheduled off. Like with any job some of your supervisors are ok, then you have the ones that shouldn't have been there. There is mandatory overtime when it is extremely busy (could be good or bad). Is an extremely mental job. If you can't take people crying, constantly arguing, name-calling, etc. then this is not for you. People LOVE their tv and if it is not working you are on the front lines. I had a elderly lady calling when the power cable was on sparking. Instead of calling the fire department when it created an actual fire she called me to get a tech out. I wanted, but couldn't, call the fire department for her as she wouldn't get off phone till tech was scheduled, all the while stating the fire was getting bigger.
The only other things would be that they want you to stick to a script, yet make it your own. However, if you're on a call and its being recorded or listened to and you say something that is not in the script then you'll have to explain yourself. In 4 years I never got written up, other than absences, however the constant nag about doing this or that on a call, when every call is not the same, is enough to get on your nerves.

Advice to Management

Not really much. I see the constant force behind customer satisfaction. It just seems that some people take it too far. When you are trying to help the customer and bring that satisfaction, I shouldn't have to explain or defend myself every time.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Suicide bound

Former Employee - Slave in Flushing, NY
    Former Employee - Slave in Flushing, NY

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Toxic air from next door

Cons

This place needs an American g.m American managers , to work on true American standards

Advice to Management

You will burn in hell from all your ignorance

One of the worse companies to work for

Former Contractor - Installer in Miami, FL
    Former Contractor - Installer in Miami, FL

I worked at DISH as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Independence, working by yourself. Benefits. You get to learn about the industry. Meet different people every day. Be all over the place.

Cons

Pressure, micromanaging, being responsible for somethings you can't control, no respect or value for their technicians. obnoxious customers, disgusting homes, working outside in all weather climates.

Advice to Management

They have to improve a lot to get BAD.