DISH

www.dish.com

Completely mental, No Physical

Advanced Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) Alvin, TX

ProsThe $$$ is the best part. You get to sit indoors, answer phones and help people with their problems. The advancement in the company is great. There is a set advancement timeline that will also increase pay. Training every week so as to stay in tune with what you'll be helping with. You might not be off for holidays but you'll get paid for doing nothing. Rarely anyone calls on holidays. They would rather you stay then leave but some times they'll allow you to leave so you'll get it off anyway. This happens occasionally.

ConsNo Holidays, unless you're already scheduled off. Like with any job some of your supervisors are ok, then you have the ones that shouldn't have been there. There is mandatory overtime when it is extremely busy (could be good or bad). Is an extremely mental job. If you can't take people crying, constantly arguing, name-calling, etc. then this is not for you. People LOVE their tv and if it is not working you are on the front lines. I had a elderly lady calling when the power cable was on sparking. Instead of calling the fire department when it created an actual fire she called me to get a tech out. I wanted, but couldn't, call the fire department for her as she wouldn't get off phone till tech was scheduled, all the while stating the fire was getting bigger.
The only other things would be that they want you to stick to a script, yet make it your own. However, if you're on a call and its being recorded or listened to and you say something that is not in the script then you'll have to explain yourself. In 4 years I never got written up, other than absences, however the constant nag about doing this or that on a call, when every call is not the same, is enough to get on your nerves.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot really much. I see the constant force behind customer satisfaction. It just seems that some people take it too far. When you are trying to help the customer and bring that satisfaction, I shouldn't have to explain or defend myself every time.

Great Opportunities

Field Service Technician (Current Employee) Manteca, CA

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: You have the ability to grow. Most people who are unsatisfied for the job just dont fit right with the companys goals. Most people… Cons: Benefits are the only con for our company, they could… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The Worst Company to Work For in America 2 Years Running for a Reason

Instructor (Former Employee) Rolling Meadows, IL

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: There weren't many. In the 3 1/2 years I worked for Dish Network, I was fortunate to get the major holidays off. Travel… Cons: Where to begin.... Let's start with management. Very cold and unapproachable. Extremely volatile. Lots of yelling and brow-beating. I was… Advice to Senior Management: Management isn't all bad. There were some, not many, but some managers I felt very comfortable around. Unfortunately, they were all low level… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!