There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Great Opportunities

Current Employee - Field Service Technician  in  Manteca, CA
Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Manteca, CA

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You have the ability to grow. Most people who are unsatisfied for the job just dont fit right with the companys goals. Most people do not understand the ever evolving market. If you follow the training and do your job 100% everyday you will succeed in this company.

Cons

Benefits are the only con for our company, they could be better.

1754 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

The Worst Company to Work For in America 2 Years Running for a Reason

Former Employee - Instructor  in  Rolling Meadows, IL
    Former Employee - Instructor in Rolling Meadows, IL

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There weren't many. In the 3 1/2 years I worked for Dish Network, I was fortunate to get the major holidays off. Travel was limited to the Chicagoland area, and some locations in southern Wisconsin and northwestern Indiana; an occasional trip to HQ in Colorado. Co-workers (non-management) shared camaraderie. The best pro I can think of was the interaction I had with the technicians, as it was more of an atmosphere of brotherhood (and sisterhood for the few women who worked there too).

Cons

Where to begin....

Let's start with management. Very cold and unapproachable. Extremely volatile. Lots of yelling and brow-beating. I was once yelled at for 45 min during an interview, by the hiring manager, for advancement within the company because I had not memorized a policy released a week prior to the interview, not pertaining to the interview. HR is powerless and somewhat of a joke. They say they'll back you, and disappear when you need them. Employee turnover is very high, as weekly firings are not out of the ordinary. The worst Dish experience I had was when I went to the corporate offices for a training seminar. Reminded me of being in basic training.

Now onto pay. I was rated in the upper echelon of instructors, constantly getting high marks for instruction, and received only one raise in 3 years. A 4% raise at that. I had asked for a raise for months before that and was always told that I needed to do more. When I did more, it was never enough. Overtime was never an option. If overtime was close, you were sent home.

Career advancement. If you've heard the term 'Good Ole Boy Club' look no further than Dish Network. Jobs are put on their internal website because they have to be, but numerous times we were told that a candidate had already been decided. When I pushed for a chance to prove myself for an advancement....well...see above. Eventually, I stopped trying for advancement, which was viewed as lazy and prompted a sit down.

There's more, but if the above isn't a clear indication of what you're getting into as a new employee, not sure what else to say.

Management isn't all bad. There were some, not many, but some managers I felt very comfortable around. Unfortunately, they were all low level management. If the atmosphere is to improve, it will take a complete overhaul of the current regime. It's not that management is trained badly. It's that they're hired due to their fiercely aggressive nature. I've seen new managers come in that were very approachable at first, but as they see their co-management act a certain way, they eventually succumb to the climate in the company.

Must need tough skin.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Bluefield, WV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bluefield, WV

I have been working at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

at least 2 months of training and more if you need it. Not a physical job, climate controlled, full time offered and as much overtime as you want, good supervisors that have been promoted through the company so they know what you're going through. two weeks paid vacation, starts out at good pay and get a raise once moves up departments

Cons

You HAVE to be able to not take things personally. Its a call center which means people can call you and say whatever they want and there's nothing you can do about it. The insurance isnt that cheap and isnt that great, but better than nothing. you're strapped to a desk and computer all day.

pay attention to how the coaches work. The ones that are good are great, the ones that aren't are awful.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!