DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Overwork

Former Employee - Executive Resolution Team in Harlingen, TX
Former Employee - Executive Resolution Team in Harlingen, TX

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Overtime availability, possible raise if work extra hard for it.

Cons

Too much responsibility for little pay, a need to push sales at every call, management not showing enough care for employees, risk of hearing lost due to wearing headphones, sitting in same charge all day, treated like disposable employees

Show appreciation to employees .

1889 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Direct Sales

Current Employee - Direct Sales in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Direct Sales in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Compensation. Good, competitive: more than would have made at competition.

Cons

Benefits - the health benefits are expensive, have high deductible .. not very good

N/A

Sweatshop Conditions, As a Front-line Agent Everyone is Against you!

Current Employee - Front Line Agent in Harlingen, TX
    Current Employee - Front Line Agent in Harlingen, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get to meet a lot of people due to the high turn around

Cons

Your life is a constant minute to minute battle with coaches, managers, QA and customers. The best way to describe just how stressful it is to work at Dish is to go through a typical day.
    1) You come to work for your shift: Your coach tells you that your numbers are low and that we need to get more sales for example and that he is going to be listening in to your calls to make sure you are asking on every call and worst of all so is QA. STRESS LEVEL HIGH

2) Two hours into your job: Your coach comes over and asks why you have not sold anything. You tell him because you recently became "advanced tech trained" (which you are not paid more for) all you have gotten is tech calls. Your coach does not care, he wants more sales! (if you don't get more sales , he tells you that you may be "let go" because your are not making any sales) STRESS LEVEL: HIGH

This now starts to effect your calls because all you can think about is making sales. Meanwhile, managers are running around the building yelling at coaches to make more sales. All of this you can hear which puts more stress on you. Your calls start to suffer as a result.

3) After lunch you find out that you got QA'd on a call. You failed because you did not build "rapport" on the call and you failed to mention "mydish.com". You explain to the QA that the customer was upset and just wanted you to fix the issue. He does not care. STRESS LEVEL: HIGHER

4) One hour before you leave, you get a bad CSAT because you could not restore services to a customer who had not paid in months. You ask your coach, and he says that we cannot restart customer; you inform customer. The customer gives you a "1". Coach comes over and tells you that you should have handled it better and blames you for the "1". STRESS LEVEL: you want to quit.

Everything at Dish is designed to blame the front line agent, from QA to CSATs. Dish will rationalize this by saying "we want agents who can handle the pressure of great customer service". But the reality is that this has nothing to do with "great" customer service. It is all about magical numbers that dish wants to tout that have no correlation to actual customer satisfaction. As an agent I learned very quickly that I was not there to satisfy the customer but instead to satisfy the numbers. Everyone is against you at Dish, from coaches to QA to management and it is always your fault.

Dish does not get the simple idea that if you VALUE your employees (make them feel less stress that allows them to WANT to come to work), employees will in turn value the work which will in turn trickle down to the customers and GET more sales. Google seems to get this idea and so do a lot of other employers. But I think Dish thinks that it does not matter because there will always be employees wanting work just out of high school, which explains the high turn around.

We were encouraged to leave a review here by DISH and as you can see most of the more recent review are by people praising the company (due to the plea by Dish management....once again an indication of everything that is wrong at dish). But I must be honest, I would NEVER recommend someone work there.

I can tell you as an agent, that EVERYONE (front line agents) I have spoken to feels the same way. There is always a struggle every morning to not quit.

I haven't even covered the Nazi-esque manner in which you are required only 2 minutes to log on (the PCs take forever to load up) without exceeding the 2 minutes to log on (the PCs take forever to load up) without exceeding the 2 minute "misc aux" rule. If you go over the 2 minutes you will immediately be reprimanded like a child. God help you if you want to leave accurate notes after a call.

I have worked for several call centers and Dish is by far the worst in terms of blaming everything on the front line agent. The stress is enormous. My advice? You would be surprised that all it would take would be to change the QA grading system and CSAT system and employees would love to work there. Why? Those two criteria cause so much stress and lead to so much employee discontent that I have seen agents come to tears. These two metrics are also so incredibly flawed. Dish thinks that if QA and CSATs are high that they can prove that the customers are happy. Not so. In reality these two metrics (QA and CSATs) are merely opportunities to punish the agent. I have seen agents get 5s on CSATs and fail QA. Dish is not concerned with customer service, they are more concerned with numbers; and that (as it pertains with QA/CSATs) is why people hate working there. As an employee you want to feel valued, these two metrics in particular do not allow for that.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH