Huge cluster

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Naperville, IL
Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Naperville, IL

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

working on your own all day, being outside, meeting new people, plenty of overtime, fellow employees are a pleasure to work with

Cons

Upper management has no idea what it is like to be a field technician. They need to go "undercover" to see what we go through on a daily basis. Not having the tools needed to function, stupid van layouts that make absolutely no sense, having quotas on sales, (I signed up to be a technician, not a salesman), insane minimum standards for promotion to next level, customer service that will tell the customer anything they want to hear, insane hours that seem to never end. They just added a 5-7 window and it is not anything that management sold us as employees. It is just another way to add 2 more hours to our day. Days will easily go 12 to 13 hours. Horrible insurance that covers nothing and is expensive. An HR department that lies to employees.

Advice to Management

What happened to the employee questioneer? You guys have done nothing to make working here any better than when you were voted worst company to work for ever. Start getting feedback from actual field technicians and act on it. The crap that we deal with on a daily basis never gets any better.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Advanced technical Support / Customer service

Former Employee - Dr Dish in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Dr Dish in El Paso, TX

I worked at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Pay, decent hours, good people

Cons

Too many goals, people always on your back, frustrating job

2. A good job, but I wish I could find something better.

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Central, CA
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Central, CA

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive pay. Annual raises. No pay cap. Bonus pay. Three days off a week. All tools and materials are provided. Paid training. Advancement opportunities. Almost free tv.

Cons

Long and unpredictable hours. Labor intensive work. Dangerous at times. Expected to sale products and services even as a tech. Very little vacation time. Very expensive health insurance. Bonus system is based partly on uncontrollable criteria. Only four days of sick time per year. Field techs make more money than field managers. Work in extreme heat, cold, rain, and snow. The sales reps often misinform the customers. Quality assurance guidelines do not allow expected productivity. You are expected to get a perfect score on every customer satisfaction survey with no exceptions. Minimum signal levels are set to high *may just be a regional problem. Work load is to high, and forces techs to take shortcuts during installs in order to make next appointments on time.

Advice to Management

The company needs more affordable Heath care. The field service managers should make more money than the techs. Techs are not sales people, there is a reason techs do what they do and sales people do what they do.