Great ompany

Current Employee - Technical Service Representative in Alvin, TX
Current Employee - Technical Service Representative in Alvin, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They did alot to show employees appreciation here. I liked the different shifts that they had available. I loved my coworkers. There is room for advancement.

Cons

Unreasonable Call time expecations. There is alot of favoritism here. Employee benefits are horrible. A litle more flexibililty for family emergencies. Pay is not that great.

Advice to Management

none

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Not totally employee friendly

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at DISH part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Discounted programming prices. The people you meet at work

Cons

I work as a part time worker for a call center. The training for part time employees who work at night is next to none. The training classes are during the day and because I have a full time job, it is not possible for me to attend, but the management does not seem to take that into consideration nor do they care. There is no paid time off whatsoever for part time workers. If you happen to call in sick, you receive points, as opposed to full time workers who earn paid time off as well as sick time. This encourages people who are sick to come to work because of fear of accumulating points. The management team (OPS) is lacking in people skills and management skills. They talk at employees instead of to employees. If there is counseling that needs to be done, management sees fit to do it on the floor for all to see and if you are sitting close enough to the coach's desk, then you have the great pleasure of hearing your fellow employee being disciplined.

Advice to Management

Provide part time employees with sick and paid time off. This can be accrued at 4 hours per month, for example. Any counseling that needs to be done, should automatically be done away from the coach's desk. Send your local management to some sort of classes on how to deal with employees. If you require part time people to be trained, you need to provide the training during the hours that the part time employees work.

2. Dish abuses their lower level salary employees

Current Employee - Field Service Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Field Service Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free programming. up to 3 weeks paid time off. working out of doors, great customers that give me pleasure to deal with a help solve their problems every day. sorry I with there was more.

Cons

Low salary pay, very long hrs, little flexibility, too many management positions doing basically the same thing, their is no need for a General manager, the Operations manager does the same thing and way more.

Advice to Management

Fill general manager and above positions with people that have personalities and understand people like the operations managers do. Next time you do a survey do it just for managers below general manager. fixing the moral at this point will be your largest gain ever. The technicians do not like when their managers are treated badly.