DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

I am appalled at the lack of leadership and lack of respect leadership gives to its employees

Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have found none in the 14 months I have been here. Am currently seeking to leave. I thought it might get better with Joe, but it is all a farce. Joe has no control.

Cons

From the chairs in the cafeteria being broken all the way to leadership treating its employees like children. I have heard that Ergen's slogan is "employees are like children, you should treat them that way" I do not know if this is true or not but it certainly does come across that way.

It is an interesting concept to try and hire "highly educated people" ohh by the way you have to get at least a 200 in the assessment or HR will not consider you. and then turn around and treat highly educated folks like they are 5 years old.

I have never in my tenure worked for such an organization that cares less for its employees. The benefits are pitiful and the salaries are not current with industry - I should know as I work in a dept. that sees the salaries. The company functions on a double standard. You have leadership and then you have everyone else.

none - this company will not change as long as Ergen and Clayton are in charge. The leadership from top level down is poor, condescending and unhelpful. Communication is scarce at all levels. No one seems to want to take accountability or anything- which is interesting as that is what leadership preaches.

Also, talk to Joe and Charlie about the perception they give to others when speaking publicly- every time they speak they say something inappropriate whether he is swearing or making a slight racial remark or just a comment that comes off as a five year old having a tantrum.

1889 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Jump ship while you can.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Discounted (but mandatory) TV….I was told I had to get it or get written up.

Only work 4 days a week

Cons

Management is a joke. Highly educated (yeah right), yet they can’t make smart decisions. They don’t want to listen to anything negative or anything constructive, because corporate won’t allow it.

Company motto on spending money is…”Spend it like it’s your own”…which I agree with, but rarely see happen. We’ll spend money on the stupidest things, yet they can’t give better raises.

Pay is just sad. I’ve been here for 5 years and I have yet to see any one get a raise over 25 cents per year.

Benefits are horrible. Luckily my wife has better benefits and she can carry our child.

Promotions are almost nonexistent and the ones who get promoted wished they hadn’t.

Hours are horrible. You work for 13-15 hours and then have to be back at 7am…oh and don’t be late or try to call off either.

Oh and it is true that we were told you add positive feedback on here.....so do not believe the false positive reports.

Pull your head out of your butts and listen to your staff.

Once I finish school, I am GONE and I will not be looking back.

Unfair Treatment

Former Employee - Coach in Bluefield, WV
    Former Employee - Coach in Bluefield, WV

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

A paycheck and cannot think of anything else

Cons

Never written up, termed for "not the talent needed" after 7yrs 8mts while ranked number 1 coach in the call center.

Learn how to treat people better (employees and customers)

There are newer employer reviews for DISH