It just another job.

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist LV I(Technician) in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Field Service Specialist LV I(Technician) in Houston, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A pay check. Promotions if you can meet there performance metrics.

Cons

Upper management always covering their hind end first. Promised a lot of thing but never happens. Add more procedures to what we already have to do to make management job easier (lot of paperwork at the end of the day). Cares more about sales then helping to improve job performance. Being unable to install due to LOS or landlord count against you making it hard to get promoted. There are time you get OT(12-14 hr a day) and there are times they will send you home for having 36 hr (to prevent you from getting OT).

Advice to Management

Sales, sales, sales is all you care about.

reviews filtered by

Completely mental, No Physical

Former Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Alvin, TX
    Former Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Alvin, TX

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The $$$ is the best part. You get to sit indoors, answer phones and help people with their problems. The advancement in the company is great. There is a set advancement timeline that will also increase pay. Training every week so as to stay in tune with what you'll be helping with. You might not be off for holidays but you'll get paid for doing nothing. Rarely anyone calls on holidays. They would rather you stay then leave but some times they'll allow you to leave so you'll get it off anyway. This happens occasionally.

Cons

No Holidays, unless you're already scheduled off. Like with any job some of your supervisors are ok, then you have the ones that shouldn't have been there. There is mandatory overtime when it is extremely busy (could be good or bad). Is an extremely mental job. If you can't take people crying, constantly arguing, name-calling, etc. then this is not for you. People LOVE their tv and if it is not working you are on the front lines. I had a elderly lady calling when the power cable was on sparking. Instead of calling the fire department when it created an actual fire she called me to get a tech out. I wanted, but couldn't, call the fire department for her as she wouldn't get off phone till tech was scheduled, all the while stating the fire was getting bigger.
    The only other things would be that they want you to stick to a script, yet make it your own. However, if you're on a call and its being recorded or listened to and you say something that is not in the script then you'll have to explain yourself. In 4 years I never got written up, other than absences, however the constant nag about doing this or that on a call, when every call is not the same, is enough to get on your nerves.

Advice to Management

Not really much. I see the constant force behind customer satisfaction. It just seems that some people take it too far. When you are trying to help the customer and bring that satisfaction, I shouldn't have to explain or defend myself every time.

2. Direct Sales

Current Employee - Direct Sales in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Direct Sales in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation. Good, competitive: more than would have made at competition.

Cons

Benefits - the health benefits are expensive, have high deductible .. not very good

Advice to Management

N/A