DISH

www.dish.com

Great overall experience with some areas of development needed

Manager (Former Employee) Harlingen, TX

ProsGood salary, great people, opportunity for advancement, decent work/life balance.

ConsBenefits are too expensive and the deductible is too high, need more leadership development, more positive feedback throughout the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease review your health benefits. Although it was necessary at the time to find a more cost effective plan it is time to look at all of your incentives and reach out to the employees to see what they would be willing to give up for a better benefits package.
You all are headed in the right direction in leadership development so please stay focused on this effort. The work/life balance is also getting better. Keep going for diversity, working outside traditional settings and making employees a bigger focus. It's all about the lower level employees as they are the majority and deserve to be treated with as much as you can offer them with compensation, incentives, rewards, benefits and schedule flexibility.
I have worked for a few call centers and they all have frustrated, angry and sometimes abusive customers. In addition, most call centers have stats to meet in an effort to handle as many customers as possible while trying to offer the best possible customer service experience. There is no magic fix it to make everything perfect. Companies are doing their best to try and make money to stay competetive in business and give back to their employees. Dish is the same in this aspect. It is hard work and if you apply to work here or anywhere else please understand that you are applying to work and their expectation is that you give 100% while you are there. I am not familiar with an employer who is comfortable with employees only doing just enough to get by. If this is not something you are comfortable with, apply somewhere less competitive and that has lower expectations.

An excellent place to work that has afforded me more opportunities than I could dream of.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: - Consistent opportunities for those who are successful - A management team that truly cares about the health of the company - An agile,… Cons: - Highly constrained hours for buying food Advice to Senior Management: Encourage more of the employee base to share their thoughts… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Best place I've worked in over ten years

Staff Accountant II (Current Employee) Meridian, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros: Accessible management team, good benefits, many employee appreciation events, and… Cons: The cafeteria is a bit too healthy for my tastes. Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! You have effectively won my… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!