There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Great overall experience with some areas of development needed

Former Employee - Manager  in  Harlingen, TX
Former Employee - Manager in Harlingen, TX

I worked at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary, great people, opportunity for advancement, decent work/life balance.

Cons

Benefits are too expensive and the deductible is too high, need more leadership development, more positive feedback throughout the year.

Please review your health benefits. Although it was necessary at the time to find a more cost effective plan it is time to look at all of your incentives and reach out to the employees to see what they would be willing to give up for a better benefits package.
You all are headed in the right direction in leadership development so please stay focused on this effort. The work/life balance is also getting better. Keep going for diversity, working outside traditional settings and making employees a bigger focus. It's all about the lower level employees as they are the majority and deserve to be treated with as much as you can offer them with compensation, incentives, rewards, benefits and schedule flexibility.
I have worked for a few call centers and they all have frustrated, angry and sometimes abusive customers. In addition, most call centers have stats to meet in an effort to handle as many customers as possible while trying to offer the best possible customer service experience. There is no magic fix it to make everything perfect. Companies are doing their best to try and make money to stay competetive in business and give back to their employees. Dish is the same in this aspect. It is hard work and if you apply to work here or anywhere else please understand that you are applying to work and their expectation is that you give 100% while you are there. I am not familiar with an employer who is comfortable with employees only doing just enough to get by. If this is not something you are comfortable with, apply somewhere less competitive and that has lower expectations.

1753 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Good company to work for

Current Employee - H R
    Current Employee - H R

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

I can actually grow, good work/life balance, lots of friendly co-workers

Cons

Benefits aren't fantastic, pay is below market, managers (mid and upper level) are not empowered to make decisions, so culture of CYA is pervasive.

We've come a long way - let's continue to get better.

Experience at Dish

Current Employee - Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Dish was the only place that gave me an interview when no other company was even ready to go through my Resume. I have enjoyed every single moment in this place and have grown from the position that I was hired for, to where I am right now.

Cons

Medical Benefits, Time off, Workplace facilities (Daycare, Cafetaria etc.)

I love my boss, and I would not change her for anything. Her boss shouts, but he is the nicest guy when you need him the most, I guess I value that more than his high-pitched shenanigans.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!