There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Good company to work for

Current Employee - H R
Current Employee - H R

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

I can actually grow, good work/life balance, lots of friendly co-workers

Cons

Benefits aren't fantastic, pay is below market, managers (mid and upper level) are not empowered to make decisions, so culture of CYA is pervasive.

We've come a long way - let's continue to get better.

1754 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Great overall experience with some areas of development needed

Former Employee - Manager  in  Harlingen, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Harlingen, TX

I worked at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary, great people, opportunity for advancement, decent work/life balance.

Cons

Benefits are too expensive and the deductible is too high, need more leadership development, more positive feedback throughout the year.

Please review your health benefits. Although it was necessary at the time to find a more cost effective plan it is time to look at all of your incentives and reach out to the employees to see what they would be willing to give up for a better benefits package.
    You all are headed in the right direction in leadership development so please stay focused on this effort. The work/life balance is also getting better. Keep going for diversity, working outside traditional settings and making employees a bigger focus. It's all about the lower level employees as they are the majority and deserve to be treated with as much as you can offer them with compensation, incentives, rewards, benefits and schedule flexibility.
    I have worked for a few call centers and they all have frustrated, angry and sometimes abusive customers. In addition, most call centers have stats to meet in an effort to handle as many customers as possible while trying to offer the best possible customer service experience. There is no magic fix it to make everything perfect. Companies are doing their best to try and make money to stay competetive in business and give back to their employees. Dish is the same in this aspect. It is hard work and if you apply to work here or anywhere else please understand that you are applying to work and their expectation is that you give 100% while you are there. I am not familiar with an employer who is comfortable with employees only doing just enough to get by. If this is not something you are comfortable with, apply somewhere less competitive and that has lower expectations.

Awful company. Horrible "Managers". New hires treated bad by managers and made fun of when we needed help / questions.

Former Employee - Field Service Technician  in  Nitro, WV
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Nitro, WV

I worked at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

None. This company is ticking time bomb and deserves to be labeled "Worse Company In America To Work For"

Cons

Everything. Numbers based company that constantly hounds you over points per hour and if you're not being fast enough your fired.

Find a new job ASAP this company sets it's employees up for failure. Managers are mean to new hires and treat them like crap or treat them as if they're better than them. Constantly getting made fun of in front of senior techs about questions I would ask or when i needed help. This location is an HR lawsuit waiting to happen if things don't change.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!