DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

DISH is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Human Resources Associate in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Human Resources Associate in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am more empowered that any place I have worked in 20 years. My managers allow me the freedom to contribute in a creative and meaningful way. I have a lot of autonomy. I am valued for my skills, education and experience. I am on the first truly high performing team of my career.

Cons

Having to badge out and no work from home

Let go of the badge report (really) and watching people's time on site. I worked about 20 hours at home this weekend on a project (my choice). So the badge report does not accurately show my time contributions.

1877 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

I love this job but it's not for everyone.

Current Employee - Installer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Installer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good starting pay, bi-weekly bonuses, cheap Dish service, work mostly independent without someone hovering over you all day, work outside in new places everyday, Dish supplies everything but boots. You don't have to buy your own tools, gas, materials or uniforms. Plenty of room to grow and advance into a management or quality assurance position if you want. 401k, health, dental, short and long term disability, discounts on a bunch of services and products including Verizon and AT&T wireless service, discounts on new car purchases, 40% discount on the products we sell. In addition to the ability to get up to $250 bonus every check, we also get points for selling products and services that we can redeem for ipads, books, tents, bikes, hotel rooms, and pretty much anything else you can think of. Plenty of work, I've never been sent home for lack of work. Lots of paid vacation that you can start using as soon as your probation period is up. Paid holidays. Transfer to just about anywhere in the USA if you decide to move. Three days off every week. Get to meet new people everyday from all walks of life.

Cons

Health insurance deductible is pretty high. Also this job isn't for everyone. If you are scared of climbing high on ladders or under houses then look somewhere else. Also you will run into spiders, snakes and other critters. Sometimes you will work in extreme hot or cold conditions. As long as you know all this going into the job and don't have a problem with it the pros out weigh the cons.

Getting an insurance plan with a lower deductible would be good.

An excellent, challenging environment filled with intelligent people

Current Employee - Senior IT Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Senior IT Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people in the teams I work with are some of the most dedicated and intelligent individuals I have ever had the priviledge to work with. The personal accountability is higher than at any other company I have experienced. I feel like the company values my skills and dedication.

Cons

I would like to see some additional options for health care coverage. The high deductible plan is not the best.

Keep moving in the direction that you are!

There are newer employer reviews for DISH