DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

I love this job but it's not for everyone.

Current Employee - Installer in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Installer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good starting pay, bi-weekly bonuses, cheap Dish service, work mostly independent without someone hovering over you all day, work outside in new places everyday, Dish supplies everything but boots. You don't have to buy your own tools, gas, materials or uniforms. Plenty of room to grow and advance into a management or quality assurance position if you want. 401k, health, dental, short and long term disability, discounts on a bunch of services and products including Verizon and AT&T wireless service, discounts on new car purchases, 40% discount on the products we sell. In addition to the ability to get up to $250 bonus every check, we also get points for selling products and services that we can redeem for ipads, books, tents, bikes, hotel rooms, and pretty much anything else you can think of. Plenty of work, I've never been sent home for lack of work. Lots of paid vacation that you can start using as soon as your probation period is up. Paid holidays. Transfer to just about anywhere in the USA if you decide to move. Three days off every week. Get to meet new people everyday from all walks of life.

Cons

Health insurance deductible is pretty high. Also this job isn't for everyone. If you are scared of climbing high on ladders or under houses then look somewhere else. Also you will run into spiders, snakes and other critters. Sometimes you will work in extreme hot or cold conditions. As long as you know all this going into the job and don't have a problem with it the pros out weigh the cons.

Getting an insurance plan with a lower deductible would be good.

1877 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

An excellent, challenging environment filled with intelligent people

Current Employee - Senior IT Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Senior IT Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people in the teams I work with are some of the most dedicated and intelligent individuals I have ever had the priviledge to work with. The personal accountability is higher than at any other company I have experienced. I feel like the company values my skills and dedication.

Cons

I would like to see some additional options for health care coverage. The high deductible plan is not the best.

Keep moving in the direction that you are!

Ignore the haters--ask a current employee what they think!

Current Employee - Documentation and Training Specialist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Documentation and Training Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work schedule, perks, retirement options, work environment, technology, accessibility of management, ability to get promoted

Cons

Health insurance, can seem disorganized, management can sometimes be TOO hands-off resulting in confusion about job responsibility (this may be relative to length of time in position)

The health insurance is great for single people with no kids. For those of us with families, the out of pocket cost before you hit your deductible for the year is killer. It would be nice if there was a non-HSA option. As much as I love my job here, I'd take a pay cut to go somewhere else if it meant getting a more comprehensive medical benefits package.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH