There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Excellent opportunities at an organization headed in the right direction.

Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team – You get to work with really smart, driven people who care about delivering great work. My team is my favorite thing about DISH.

Opportunity – Great performance is rewarded with new opportunities and stretch assignments. If you push yourself to be great, you will be rewarded with career growth.

Industry – DISH is cutting edge and will keep pushing the industry to evolve. It’s exciting to be a part of that.

Cons

Time off and holidays are not abundant.

The organization is very lean, and departments are smaller than comparable organizations. This means everyone is expected to deliver more work with less. It’s something to be aware of, but not necessarily a bad thing if you thrive in fast paced environments.

Advice to Management

The organization has made great improvements in the last 12-18 months. Keep up the progress! Current employees recognize this.

reviews filtered by

Reach for the stars.....or satellites in this case!

Current Employee - Remote Field Service Manager in Montrose, CO
    Current Employee - Remote Field Service Manager in Montrose, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great to work with! I love the commitment that dish has to the management team by sending us to lots of management training. In my oppinion DISH has realistic expectations and are clear about the core metrics.

Cons

Trust me... I did not take the position for the salary. I have subordinates that live in the same town as I do that make more money at just 40 hours a week than I do. If you add overtime into the mix they blow me out of the water. I took this position for the expierience. Other than that, I bleed red and black.

Advice to Management

Yes, our core metrics are very clear if you are meeting expectations, but anything else is grey if you are hitting the mark or not. In my oppinion first level management is under appreciated. It does say something when subordinates make more money than thier manager. It shows where the companies priorities are...

Love DISH and love the people I work with!

Current Employee - Leader in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Leader in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dish has a great career path; managers and coaches care about front line agents, good community service opportunities! Education is encouraged, leadership opportunities are given to those who perform, and the attendance policy is lenient.

Cons

It's hard work and working hard for what you deserve is a foreign concept to some. Some who don't earn bonuses put more effort into complaining about "the system.mgt/etc" instead of self accountability. Come on people - it's America - let's work hard and earn it!

Advice to Management

Continue sharing information, giving opportunities to those who work hard, recognizing positive behavior! We have come a far way in the past few years and we will continue to improve.