DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

I cannot understand the rating for DISH

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Christiansburg, VA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Christiansburg, VA

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

very flexible with sick days, paid time off
large break room with air hockey, tv, pool tables, gym on site
positive supervisors
incentives to perform well (prizes, increased pay for hitting metrics)
jean passes if you donate to charity
preferred parking for performing well.
great training and trainers

Cons

none if you have a positive attitude.

I would just like to say that DISH is a great place to work, however, it is definitely not for everyone. A special type of person is required for customer service and even more so at DISH. We are in an industry where customers are strapped for cash and addicted to their television. As a customer service rep you must be empathetic and prepared to deal with the occasional upset customer. The issue with DISH is that they tend to hire most people who apply. People these days tend to want things without work and effort. Unfortunately it seems that DISH will hire these people who simply cannot handle the job. My advise to people who complain about it is to quit. Work hard, be patient, and have a positive attitude is all you need at DISH. So please, buck up buttercup. DISH will work with you if you work with them. Dont like it? quit.

1883 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Wish I could stay longer! I've enjoyed working for Dish

Former Employee - Advance Tech in Alvin, TX
    Former Employee - Advance Tech in Alvin, TX

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've enjoyed working with my supervisors. Good pay and benefits, opprtunity for growth and relocation throughout the US. I know of several people that relocated to other locations for growth potentail. Loved the food days and managers interactions and recognition for even little things I did. My supervisor was very knowledagble and helpful.

Cons

Hire better quality employees for greater success. Schedules but I must say that the senior management team is extremely understanding and accomodating. I had a personal situation due to which I left but will go back if I ever get an opportunity again. If you have patience to handle back to back calls with no breathing room and can deal with angry customers then you can survive. There are some great supervisors and managers and some just dont care.

Keep up the good work stay postive and take a hard look at management.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - IT - Analyst in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - IT - Analyst in El Paso, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you start out at a call center, it's crucial to keep your lates / absences to minimum to be promoted. It also helps if the managers favor you since your stats don't matter much. Later there is plenty of room to be promoted if you're competent & are committed. It is your attitude that mostly matters what happens to you as long as you don't feel entitled and actually work. Whether it's middle management, installations, IT, vender management, or working at corporate, hard work is always rewarded. You will always be recognized if you do work that stands out. It's not what you know that matters, it's what you do. Chances are good that you're on a team with good people that's fun to be in. i do believe we're the most innovative company in the industry & have greatest equipment to offer.

Cons

Many years ago there was no such thing as sick days but that has changed. Parking used to be bad but that barely changed a week ago. the caterering service has served the same menu items for 3 years but it is possible to rush out & grab food in less than a half hour if you choose. if you're a negative employee, then most likely you do shabby work, blame others & feel nothing is not your fault. the pay scale may be below the national average but considering the area you're in (it's not Silicon Valley, Seattle, or Austin) it's not too bad. although there are somewhat high medical premiums, there are plenty of benefits offered. free digital satellite with all the channels is also given so one can't complain much.

You managers in the chain are all great. Continue to engage us and treat us like a people. keep us challenged & ask for our input. i think you all do a great job praising us when we do our job right. Charlie, you're doing great being a forward thinker trying to keep us relevant in the long run breaking into the mobile industry. keep fighting the price hikes & keep the customer in mind. having great equipment such as the Hopper with Sling will make us #1.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH