There are newer employer reviews for DISH

always afraid i have worked for this company for over a decade and what once use to be a great place is now a nightmare

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

if you can wade through all the BS from upper management and stick with the job eventually the pay is great, yes we do get some TV for free but not everything. honestly i use to love working herre but in the last two years this place has totally changed.the only reason why i have stayed is the pay.

Cons

there is no trust in this company and it seems the further up the chain or the more money you make the more upper management tries to find reasons to not give you a raise or fire you. there is no consistency in what management does , one person gets in trouble for this another does not , lower management is forced to do write uos on techs for low PPH and it does not matter that the tech had twice as much drive time as others. were held responsible for our productivity but a dispatch team in another state has control of our routes and all they care about is the complete because PPH do not effect them. if you file a complaint then every one comes after you you get put on a coaching plan. if your numbers are good and you are eligible for a promotion and your manager messes up on the paper work then you get hosed and have to wait for the next aoppertuinity.

i personnally have filed complaints about my upper management and now i wait every week for some one to tell me im fired there is no team work and no trust in this corporation its just upper management and HR against lower management and techs.

i know alot of us are looking for work else where the attrition here has been getting better vut if this continues im sure that wil drop back down the only thing keeping people here now is the pay as for career well going from FSS 1 to FSS 4 is great but every one see's how the FSM's are treated and i would say 95 % of the techs do not want to be a FSM. and then from there you need a degree and with split shifts its hard to go to college so thats out

stop being hitler. you have all this training about trust then no one follows it. upper management needs to follow up on thier managers, what i mean by that if a tech is doing poorly number wise instead of consulting him with a PCP or write up how about finding out why, is his manager fault ? and if so why , is it the Operationals managers fault?and if so why , is it the GM's fault ? instead of every one assuming because the GM said it was the techs fault it is his fault. 70 % of the time you will find out its because there is no consitent support from up the chain heck half the time i find out whats going on or how to do things from my piers i have gone over a month and a half with out any comunication from management. im so frustrated and tired good luck i really hoe this place can get better but i just dont see it happening in the time frame i need

1812 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Suicide bound

Former Employee - Slave in Flushing, NY
    Former Employee - Slave in Flushing, NY

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Toxic air from next door

Cons

This place needs an American g.m American managers , to work on true American standards

You will burn in hell from all your ignorance

they suck!! worst employer ever!

I have been working at DISH

Pros

honestly there are none. if you are single, and do not care to have much of a work/life balance, then this job is for you!

Cons

they take away pay if you make an honest mistake
    late one day, you lose 20% of your pay
    insurance is terrible
    terrible business model.
    you need a credit card to run a credit check for customers. some dont even have it

There are newer employer reviews for DISH