Not bad

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Terre Haute, IN
Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is varied and you're given the independence to be out working on your own without constant supervision. You'll get to meet lots of different people and I learned quite a bit from it. Plenty of overtime. Holiday pay and bonuses a nice perk.

Cons

The hours are unpredictable. You may be out until midnight or you may be home by 7, but I hardly ever get clocked out without overtime. The company has started moving more towards a sales focus for technicians too. Crawl spaces and dirty homes. Getting promoted is dependent on maintaining a flawless job quality level. If you have a strict quality assurance guy, that means no promotions.

Advice to Management

Management at the local office has been wonderful. Higher up management hasn't caused me any problems, so I guess keep on not causing problems.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

Dish is a great place to work if you are dedicated to your job

Current Employee - Coach in Christiansburg, VA
    Current Employee - Coach in Christiansburg, VA

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lot's of upward mobility they promote from within. Managers are helpful and truly care about their direct reports. Great people from security to the site director. Abundant efforts to change the culture and workplace environment. Shifts improved 100% 10010010001000%.understanding of the work/life balance. with and the

Cons

It can be a little tough when you first start to get the call flow down but if you stick with it and dedicate yourself to being great then you will be.

Advice to Management

Keep making positive changes in regards to work/life balance and get better health insurance.

I like DISH

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people there are great, there is a wide range of personalities that makes everyday interesting. Everyone has something to contribute and that can make for different opinions at any given time. I like coming to work every day.

Cons

I wish I made more money. I wish DISH didn't reward/promote employees based on who they know, or who their manager is. There is a sense of nepotism in the company.

Advice to Management

Reward your employees based on what they have accomplished and set a standard in the industry that DISH takes care of its employees, not just its friends.