DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Not bad

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Terre Haute, IN
Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work is varied and you're given the independence to be out working on your own without constant supervision. You'll get to meet lots of different people and I learned quite a bit from it. Plenty of overtime. Holiday pay and bonuses a nice perk.

Cons

The hours are unpredictable. You may be out until midnight or you may be home by 7, but I hardly ever get clocked out without overtime. The company has started moving more towards a sales focus for technicians too.

Crawl spaces and dirty homes.

Getting promoted is dependent on maintaining a flawless job quality level. If you have a strict quality assurance guy, that means no promotions.

Management at the local office has been wonderful. Higher up management hasn't caused me any problems, so I guess keep on not causing problems.

1953 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Upper Management has no clue

Current Employee - Field Resource Coordinator in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Field Resource Coordinator in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay scale is good compaired to the work load and the ability to get free (or cheap) DISH TV 250 is a good perk but thats about it

Cons

First off, the Insurance coverage they offer is a joke. It covers nothing. Secondly, the management at the company (upper and middle) has no clue what they are doing. They make random changes without regard for the side effects or fallout from policy changes. They have no consideration in regards to the front line employees and seem to see them as replicable cogs in the system and offer no reasonable level of training in customer service or in how the company is run. I know some of the trainers personally and they are good at their job but are not given the time or authority to do what they need to do. Also, upper management likes to be super secret regarding issues that should be companywide knowledge. For instance the date of a layoff after it has been announced… why you would not want to let people know the date of their last day is beyond me. My only assumption is that they are hoping people will abandon their job early in order to save some on the final payroll.

Care more about your front line employees and learn to treat them well enough that they actually want to stay around for more than just a few paychecks. Also focus more on employee education, the more the employee knows the better they can assist the customer and that makes for happier customer and more money in the long run. All in all, if they are actually wanting the company to last beyond a few years they need to worry more about the long term and less about quarterly profits, but who knows if they really expect for the company to last. Also, get an insurance package that actually covers something and provides for the health and wellbeing of employees not just a worthless deduction on our paychecks.

Sociopathic

Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Once you have worked at DISH, you can go ANYWHERE else and it will be an improvement.

Cons

Imagine a place filled with good talented employees, but just enough sociopaths to suppress, demean, steal credit and destroy the people who want to help the company.

If you think LEAD training is a joke, just leave. You are not getting it!

There are newer employer reviews for DISH