DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Horrible

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Rock Tavern, NY
Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Rock Tavern, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Plenty of overtime whether you want it or not. On your own after training period. All tools provided by the company. Two week training at a regional training center. Four day work weeks were the best.

Cons

Management that is looking to treat you like a child. Use of scare tactics is the norm. If you don't meet certain points requirements that were well above the minimum your manager would not receive his bonus and went after those employees. Horrible equipment, Call center employees and service techs were never on the same page. All 4 of us hired at one time were lied to about when to sign up for health benefits and missed the cut off date.

Jump in a vehicle and understand your equipment sounds great on paper but is terrible. Listen to employees more than management, they are the ones actually dealing with the issues the a plaguing your company.

1883 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Worst job I've had the pleasure of doing, There is a reason we are seen as the worst
    company to work for!!!!

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Grand Junction, CO
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Grand Junction, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you like being micro managed, threatened you are gong to get written up for not meeting daily metrics, being underpaid and over worked, having everyone know your business, and treated like a child. Then this is the place for you. Descent pay, 401k, profit sharing are the only positives.

Cons

Too many managers overseeing technicians,long hours, forced to install in unsafe/ un -sanitary conditions, they just want the job done no matter how it affects the installer. Forced to sell customers stuff they don't need, ie screen cleaners, tv mounts, etc... No promotion in 6 years. Managers deflect responsibility. High turnover rate.

Promote guys when they are elligible, don't have us tell the customers what score they should give us on satisfaction surveys, work towards changing the daily negative environment at dish.

Dish can be a demanding environment - but it provides an enormous opportunity for experience and advancement.

Current Employee - Senior IT Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior IT Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunity for career growth/advancement, great group of people to work with and for (IT at Headquarters)

Cons

Benefits - insurance options, 401(k) match, etc. seem sub-par for the industry and size of company

Continue working to improve benefits

There are newer employer reviews for DISH