DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Field Service Specialist 2

Former Employee - Technician in Hauppauge, NY
Former Employee - Technician in Hauppauge, NY

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Massive overtime to dedicated employees. 4 day work week.

Cons

Accountability needs to be restructured, Cooperate does not seem to understand the intricacies of the company's service side and seems to not want to care either. Because of this the company is loosing many of its experienced and valuable employees.

Cooperate only see results in the form of numbers. You must take account of how, why, where, and what is in-cooperated into each and every single service call. It can't be all just about the numbers, because every service call is different. You worry about the tech's PPH but a 4 TV installation at one house can be very different for a 4 TV installation at the same type of house next door. One may take 2 hours to complete and the 2nd may take six. But in cooperates eyes it's the same job. Trust your tech's and FSM's. Almost all the techs and FSMs I've encountered during my employment, were dedicated hard working people who took pride in their work, treat them a such. Your people (the techs), that are the foundation of this companie's existence, are busting their azzes doing the best job they can just to come back to the shop to receive a write up for low PPH or because some customer made a TC because they decided it was easier to call CSC than actually put effort into remembering what your tech said during Customer ed. Because of non-sense like this, you are driving your experienced techs away, as you did with me. Leaving only those from the old days who are willing to be beaten because this is all they know how to do and the new recruits that will eventually realize the loosing situation or too stupid to realize the deal much less be smart enough to comprehend the ins and outs of a satellite system. Trust your FSM's let them be the ones to determine who the dead wood is and whose worth keeping. Let your AM's determine the FSMs and so on, That's the way a company should work. Dispatch is there to aid the techs, not to manage them. That's the FSM's job, got it. Your FSM's are management team in the fied, they see whats going on, the details of the jobs being done. Thats what you hired them for.

2018 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Career Advancement

Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Suwanee, GA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Suwanee, GA

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good working environment, job security

Cons

Low salary for supervisors, no career advancement, poor motivation, too much poltics

Gives room for internal employee job advancement

"Better than what Say"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for if you are looking to advance fast, I have been with the company for only two years and I enjoy every minute of it, The management team in place is great they help me out with all my concerns.

Cons

Cant think of any at this time

Keep up the hard work!!!

There are newer employer reviews for DISH