There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Field Service Specialist 2

Former Employee - Technician  in  Hauppauge, NY
Former Employee - Technician in Hauppauge, NY

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Massive overtime to dedicated employees. 4 day work week.

Cons

Accountability needs to be restructured, Cooperate does not seem to understand the intricacies of the company's service side and seems to not want to care either. Because of this the company is loosing many of its experienced and valuable employees.

Cooperate only see results in the form of numbers. You must take account of how, why, where, and what is in-cooperated into each and every single service call. It can't be all just about the numbers, because every service call is different. You worry about the tech's PPH but a 4 TV installation at one house can be very different for a 4 TV installation at the same type of house next door. One may take 2 hours to complete and the 2nd may take six. But in cooperates eyes it's the same job. Trust your tech's and FSM's. Almost all the techs and FSMs I've encountered during my employment, were dedicated hard working people who took pride in their work, treat them a such. Your people (the techs), that are the foundation of this companie's existence, are busting their azzes doing the best job they can just to come back to the shop to receive a write up for low PPH or because some customer made a TC because they decided it was easier to call CSC than actually put effort into remembering what your tech said during Customer ed. Because of non-sense like this, you are driving your experienced techs away, as you did with me. Leaving only those from the old days who are willing to be beaten because this is all they know how to do and the new recruits that will eventually realize the loosing situation or too stupid to realize the deal much less be smart enough to comprehend the ins and outs of a satellite system. Trust your FSM's let them be the ones to determine who the dead wood is and whose worth keeping. Let your AM's determine the FSMs and so on, That's the way a company should work. Dispatch is there to aid the techs, not to manage them. That's the FSM's job, got it. Your FSM's are management team in the fied, they see whats going on, the details of the jobs being done. Thats what you hired them for.

1747 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

The good, the great, the groovy

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

The Pay, The People, The Promotions

Cons

No real cons, they do what they do and they do it well

Keep up the awesome work

I found my dream job!

Current Employee - Project Manager/IDD  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Project Manager/IDD in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Treated as an adult in the work place, expected to be working, and no one looking over my shoulder every 30 minutes to make sure. I am trusted to do my job.
    -Given support and encouragement from co-workers, supervisors, and upper management to think outside the box, produce excellent results, and succeed. I am supported, not pressured.
    -Provided opportunities to increase my skills, knowledge, and position in the company. I always have the feeling that I can move upward in the company if I choose to do so.
    -Almost al the people I work with are friendly, helpful, and trustworthy! I love to go to work everyday.
    -Company rewards its employees for a job well done, creates a feeling of community and family within the organization, and upper management listens to all levels of employees to get feedback and continue to make DISH a great place to work.

Cons

As in many companies and aspects of life, communication can be improved.

Continue to listen, when discussing issues and procedures that impact any particular employee group or all, include a few members at random from the affected group. They may just listen, but I would be willing to bet they would provide valuable insight that those who do not actually work in their environment, at their level would not think of.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!