DISH

www.dish.com

Fun job, good hours,decent management

Current Employee - Field Technician  in  Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Field Technician in Nashville, TN

Pros

Self paced work load, easy to advance, company provided equipment, decent well thought out training, good work schedule.

Cons

some metrics are not in techs control, although we are held accountable, internet training not up to the same standard as television, get tech support for technicians not just using customer support for everything

keep moving forward,

Other reviews for DISH

I like DISH

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Pros

The people there are great, there is a wide range of personalities that makes everyday interesting. Everyone has something to contribute and that can make for different opinions at any given time. I like coming to work every day.

Cons

I wish I made more money. I wish DISH didn't reward/promote employees based on who they know, or who their manager is. There is a sense of nepotism in the company.

Reward your employees based on what they have accomplished and set a standard in the industry that DISH takes care of its employees, not just its friends.

Age Discrimation, Salary

Current Employee - Coach  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Coach in Tulsa, OK

Pros

Free Satalite TV, starting pay $12.50 per hour.

Cons

Does not promote coaches over 45 to manager. My spouse have tried several times to get a management position with Dish in Tulsa, and they always tell him he was real close, but time after time, they will not promote him any higher than a coach. He has a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree and has experience as a manager. He is not the only older person that they have not promoted at the Tulsa Location. They had a coach leave to go to the competion (Direct) because they would not promote him either, he was also older. If you are over 40, I would not suggest working for this company. Easy to be promoted to Coach, but try to move up to a manager position, you can forget it. Again, if you are over 40, I would not suggest this company if you are looking to move into a Manager position.

You need to come in to the Tulsa location and talk to the Coaches. I'm not sure if they would speak up due to fear of being terminated for speaking there mind, but it would be worth a try. You state you have to have a B.A. degree or be working on a B.A. degree to become a manager, but who is going to follow up on this. Anyone can say they are working on it and enroll in a class on line, but are they going to follow up to make sure the individual continually works on obtaining a degree?

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!