DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Good JOB

Current Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have never worked at a place where everyone was approachable. The atmosphere that is in the building is great. I signed up to take calls and everyone that is complaining has lost focus on that is what the job is. Every time I have needed help in my personal life, they have assisted. I have worked at many call centers and this is a country club. I plan to retire from dish it has been great.

Cons

Maybe if the metrics could just stay the same for more than a month that would be great. Look in to the health benefits to.

Nothing keep doing what you’re doing!!! You are doing a great JOB!! If people are not being promoted then need to look at their inner self and fix what is broken.

1889 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

At Dish you are just a number not a person

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Free programming, 40k match, tuition reimbursement

Cons

Horrible medical benefits, poor management style, terrible performance appraisal process

Right now is a big push for everyone to get their degree and little do you all realize many are using you for the tuition reimbursement and then plan to leave because you do not pay enough for people with degrees. I had my degree long before coming to Dish and I can say everything I do is from my years experience at Dish and nothing to do with my degree. Also with the talent planning and supervisors asking if employees have degrees has lead to supervisors without degrees to create a hostile work environment towards direct reports with degrees. We have people from management to senior management in the wrong positions. There are way too many bad decisions being made at all levels. Read the laws for the states you have locations, read the DOL laws, read your federal laws and follow them. It might enlighten you to why you face so many lawsuits. I am certainly surprised a company of this size can not follow the laws but again this is what happens when you have the wrong people in positions of leadership. Moral, having free food sometimes is not going to help moral. You need to start treating employees like people, not a number. Give us better medical benefits. Look at your leaders and make sure they are right for that position. Stop making empty promises. Learn the laws ( hint: should really understand salary non-exempt not paying time and a half and fluctuating work week). Understand that length of employment, loyalty and job results should be more important than forcing degrees on everyone. Change your performance appraisal process. You should not lower a person's score just to give them a lower raise. If you really believe that no one falls under exceeds or exceptional maybe you are hiring the wrong people or that your management staff is not developing their people. If you are worried about attrition maybe you should stop looking for reasons to fire someone and look for reasons to keep them. Realize if a person has been in a position long term this does not automatically mean the are not good enough to move up, it could mean they enjoy their job and happy there and it works well with creating their work/life balance. Before we go on major talent planning firing sprees maybe the ones making the decision to fire people should be evaluated. If a company has as many issues as this one, need to evaluate fro the top down, not the bottom to the top!

Horrible

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Rock Tavern, NY
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Rock Tavern, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Plenty of overtime whether you want it or not. On your own after training period. All tools provided by the company. Two week training at a regional training center. Four day work weeks were the best.

Cons

Management that is looking to treat you like a child. Use of scare tactics is the norm. If you don't meet certain points requirements that were well above the minimum your manager would not receive his bonus and went after those employees. Horrible equipment, Call center employees and service techs were never on the same page. All 4 of us hired at one time were lied to about when to sign up for health benefits and missed the cut off date.

Jump in a vehicle and understand your equipment sounds great on paper but is terrible. Listen to employees more than management, they are the ones actually dealing with the issues the a plaguing your company.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH