DISH

www.dish.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Dish has been great to me

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In the 4 years I have been with the company, Dish has given me the opportunity to grow and promote. It has not been easy, we all can complaint about angry customers or long calls, but that is what a call center is all about. I like that my coaches have been there for me, they have done all they can to help me understand the business and develop my skills. When I came to work I got paid and when I did my job right, I got bonuses. Money has not been an issue, between hourly wages, p4p and upsell payouts I could get decent money every paycheck.
I have visited other call centers here at Dish, and I like the culture here in Phoenix, maybe because this is where I work, but the coaches and Managers seemed more involved with the agents, I like that my manager asks me about my life and he cares for what is happening to me outside work. Local management has worked with me every time I needed something like a day off or special schedule for a day.
When I started I had some attendance issues, but after I realized my job was a priority, I haven’t had any issues. I am surprised with the attendance policy we have here, if you have any absences they will be deleted after 90 days, all you need to do is be punctual for 90 days and you will have 0 absences. And even with that, we have tons of agents in finals because they cannot make it on time for 90 days.

Cons

I definitely agree our training is not the best and it is not a priority, we try to function with as minimum training as we can, as agents we are trained to handle our calls, but there is not much advance training, we have to learn on the phones with the customers.
Benefits are not good; I would give up TV for a better health insurance plan.

Overall Dish has been great to me, I don’t think I will always work for Dish, but I come every morning wanting to do the best I can to help the company. It is not easy to work here, it is not for everybody, but it is a good company to work for. If you are applying to work here, learn three things. 1) Come to work even if you don’t feel like coming in. 2) work hard, do not cut corners. 3) Realize this is not a perfect company, but there is room to grow.

Look into a better insurance plan for your employees.
You have to invest money to make money, invest on training and tools to better do our jobs.
We have too many metrics (9) and we do not even understand some of them and yet we have to perform well in all of them.

2002 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Career Advancement

Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Suwanee, GA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Suwanee, GA

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good working environment, job security

Cons

Low salary for supervisors, no career advancement, poor motivation, too much poltics

Gives room for internal employee job advancement

Field Service Specialist 2

Former Employee - Technician in Hauppauge, NY
    Former Employee - Technician in Hauppauge, NY

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Massive overtime to dedicated employees. 4 day work week.

Cons

Accountability needs to be restructured, Cooperate does not seem to understand the intricacies of the company's service side and seems to not want to care either. Because of this the company is loosing many of its experienced and valuable employees.

Cooperate only see results in the form of numbers. You must take account of how, why, where, and what is in-cooperated into each and every single service call. It can't be all just about the numbers, because every service call is different. You worry about the tech's PPH but a 4 TV installation at one house can be very different for a 4 TV installation at the same type of house next door. One may take 2 hours to complete and the 2nd may take six. But in cooperates eyes it's the same job. Trust your tech's and FSM's. Almost all the techs and FSMs I've encountered during my employment, were dedicated hard working people who took pride in their work, treat them a such. Your people (the techs), that are the foundation of this companie's existence, are busting their azzes doing the best job they can just to come back to the shop to receive a write up for low PPH or because some customer made a TC because they decided it was easier to call CSC than actually put effort into remembering what your tech said during Customer ed. Because of non-sense like this, you are driving your experienced techs away, as you did with me. Leaving only those from the old days who are willing to be beaten because this is all they know how to do and the new recruits that will eventually realize the loosing situation or too stupid to realize the deal much less be smart enough to comprehend the ins and outs of a satellite system. Trust your FSM's let them be the ones to determine who the dead wood is and whose worth keeping. Let your AM's determine the FSMs and so on, That's the way a company should work. Dispatch is there to aid the techs, not to manage them. That's the FSM's job, got it. Your FSM's are management team in the fied, they see whats going on, the details of the jobs being done. Thats what you hired them for.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH