There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Dish has been great to me

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In the 4 years I have been with the company, Dish has given me the opportunity to grow and promote. It has not been easy, we all can complaint about angry customers or long calls, but that is what a call center is all about. I like that my coaches have been there for me, they have done all they can to help me understand the business and develop my skills. When I came to work I got paid and when I did my job right, I got bonuses. Money has not been an issue, between hourly wages, p4p and upsell payouts I could get decent money every paycheck.
I have visited other call centers here at Dish, and I like the culture here in Phoenix, maybe because this is where I work, but the coaches and Managers seemed more involved with the agents, I like that my manager asks me about my life and he cares for what is happening to me outside work. Local management has worked with me every time I needed something like a day off or special schedule for a day.
When I started I had some attendance issues, but after I realized my job was a priority, I haven’t had any issues. I am surprised with the attendance policy we have here, if you have any absences they will be deleted after 90 days, all you need to do is be punctual for 90 days and you will have 0 absences. And even with that, we have tons of agents in finals because they cannot make it on time for 90 days.

Cons

I definitely agree our training is not the best and it is not a priority, we try to function with as minimum training as we can, as agents we are trained to handle our calls, but there is not much advance training, we have to learn on the phones with the customers.
Benefits are not good; I would give up TV for a better health insurance plan.

Overall Dish has been great to me, I don’t think I will always work for Dish, but I come every morning wanting to do the best I can to help the company. It is not easy to work here, it is not for everybody, but it is a good company to work for. If you are applying to work here, learn three things. 1) Come to work even if you don’t feel like coming in. 2) work hard, do not cut corners. 3) Realize this is not a perfect company, but there is room to grow.

Advice to Management

Look into a better insurance plan for your employees.
You have to invest money to make money, invest on training and tools to better do our jobs.
We have too many metrics (9) and we do not even understand some of them and yet we have to perform well in all of them.

reviews filtered by
  1. This company is changing!!!!

Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

They win. This company is creating great technology and will be around when TV changes. Keep up the good work. Joe Clayton is a good CEO who has made the company a better company.

Cons

Benefits and Pay are middle of the road. Thats about it. If you want a company where you will be asked to work this is the one. They work hard!

Advice to Management

Keep listeing to your employees! Its works.

2. Life on the Edge

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Challenging, evolving, cerebral, bleeding edge are just a few of the words that I would use to describe the current mood at DISH! Not only are we surrounded by some of the sharpest minds in the media technology industry, as proven by our leading edge Hopper with Sling, and Auto-Hop, but also some of the most aggressive free thinkers as proven by the recent bids on Sprint, Clearwire, and Light Squared. With the change in management philosophies, so has come the strong leadership driving a worker friendly environment. I enjoy coming to work everyday and watching how the new DISH evolves!!

Cons

Need more parking at corporate.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus. We're loving watching all of the changes.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH