There are newer employer reviews for DISH

It's what you make of it.

Current Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It’s a great entry level environment for someone willing to tough out the long hours, difficult calls and ever changing schedules. Let’s face it, this job isn’t easy. I am confident in saying that in the area, there are far easier jobs that pay the same amount, However Dish offers a the opportunity to move up for individuals that bring dedication to the table. I have seen employees make it from new hire to management.

Cons

Healthcare is lacking, terribly high co pays , Sick time is not available to anyone with less than 2 years tenure (calendar year). PTO caps out at 120 hours per year for anyone with more than 5 years tenure. Tuition reimbursement is subpar for hourly employees. If I had a family and I had children depending on me as the provider of healthcare. I would not have accepted this position.

Advice to Management

We as company want to be a company that can be compared to Apple, Microsoft and Google; however our employee compensation does not reflect the same. We are considered a training school for better paying employers.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

1. Fun job, good hours,decent management

Current Employee - Field Technician in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Field Technician in Nashville, TN

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Self paced work load, easy to advance, company provided equipment, decent well thought out training, good work schedule.

Cons

some metrics are not in techs control, although we are held accountable, internet training not up to the same standard as television, get tech support for technicians not just using customer support for everything

Advice to Management

keep moving forward,

2. Demanding schedule, but good work-life balance; need to practice what they preach.

Current Employee - Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Short work week. The company requires only a 4-day work week in my department. Although the days are long, the offset of a 3-day weekend more than makes up for it. Competitive pay with opportunity for bi-weekly bonuses, plus decent benefits. Dish certainly has the customer's best interest in mind.

Cons

The company has baseline metrics across the board that are more difficult to attain in certain areas than others due to demographic and geographic complications. There is a disconnect from senior management in regards to how the local business can reasonably operate. Different divisions within the company do not communicate well between each other.

Advice to Management

Trust your entry-level and mid-level management teams. Involve us more in important decisions that affect the business and you will see success. Dish has invested a great deal of money into management training that has a heavy focus on trust, but senior leadership does not practice what they preach.