DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

It's what you make of it.

Current Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It’s a great entry level environment for someone willing to tough out the long hours, difficult calls and ever changing schedules. Let’s face it, this job isn’t easy. I am confident in saying that in the area, there are far easier jobs that pay the same amount, However Dish offers a the opportunity to move up for individuals that bring dedication to the table. I have seen employees make it from new hire to management.

Cons

Healthcare is lacking, terribly high co pays , Sick time is not available to anyone with less than 2 years tenure (calendar year). PTO caps out at 120 hours per year for anyone with more than 5 years tenure. Tuition reimbursement is subpar for hourly employees. If I had a family and I had children depending on me as the provider of healthcare. I would not have accepted this position.

We as company want to be a company that can be compared to Apple, Microsoft and Google; however our employee compensation does not reflect the same. We are considered a training school for better paying employers.

1877 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

I like DISH

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people there are great, there is a wide range of personalities that makes everyday interesting. Everyone has something to contribute and that can make for different opinions at any given time. I like coming to work every day.

Cons

I wish I made more money. I wish DISH didn't reward/promote employees based on who they know, or who their manager is. There is a sense of nepotism in the company.

Reward your employees based on what they have accomplished and set a standard in the industry that DISH takes care of its employees, not just its friends.

Age Discrimation, Salary

Current Employee - Coach in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Coach in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free Satalite TV, starting pay $12.50 per hour.

Cons

Does not promote coaches over 45 to manager. My spouse have tried several times to get a management position with Dish in Tulsa, and they always tell him he was real close, but time after time, they will not promote him any higher than a coach. He has a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree and has experience as a manager. He is not the only older person that they have not promoted at the Tulsa Location. They had a coach leave to go to the competion (Direct) because they would not promote him either, he was also older. If you are over 40, I would not suggest working for this company. Easy to be promoted to Coach, but try to move up to a manager position, you can forget it. Again, if you are over 40, I would not suggest this company if you are looking to move into a Manager position.

You need to come in to the Tulsa location and talk to the Coaches. I'm not sure if they would speak up due to fear of being terminated for speaking there mind, but it would be worth a try. You state you have to have a B.A. degree or be working on a B.A. degree to become a manager, but who is going to follow up on this. Anyone can say they are working on it and enroll in a class on line, but are they going to follow up to make sure the individual continually works on obtaining a degree?

There are newer employer reviews for DISH