Amazing growth, Awesome opportunities, Great culture, Fun at work

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at DISH for 3 years and absolutely enjoyed it. I love the team I work with. My supervisor is amazing - she takes the time to develop me and makes herself available any time I have concerns or questions. We have employees that are in all levels of experience in their careers. This is a great place for them to grow and advance. I love TV and movies, so I love to build rapport with other employees by talking about these things. We have a ton of fun here!

Cons

Sometimes there is too much focus on negative production, with very little focus on positive production. This sometimes accompanies lack of respect.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. They were a decent company to work had good and bad qualities but overall an ok company.

Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

401k contribution and paid day off Friday after Thanksgiving

Cons

if you are an installer or dispatcher you work on holidays.

Advice to Management

Think a little harder about ways that your installers and dispatchers could enjoy holiday time with their families

It's what you make of it.

Current Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It’s a great entry level environment for someone willing to tough out the long hours, difficult calls and ever changing schedules. Let’s face it, this job isn’t easy. I am confident in saying that in the area, there are far easier jobs that pay the same amount, However Dish offers a the opportunity to move up for individuals that bring dedication to the table. I have seen employees make it from new hire to management.

Cons

Healthcare is lacking, terribly high co pays , Sick time is not available to anyone with less than 2 years tenure (calendar year). PTO caps out at 120 hours per year for anyone with more than 5 years tenure. Tuition reimbursement is subpar for hourly employees. If I had a family and I had children depending on me as the provider of healthcare. I would not have accepted this position.

Advice to Management

We as company want to be a company that can be compared to Apple, Microsoft and Google; however our employee compensation does not reflect the same. We are considered a training school for better paying employers.