There are newer employer reviews for DISH

DISH is a place for those who want a challenge! Amazing work environment.

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Amazing people, great benefits. Big challenges, high reward.

Cons

I loved everything about this company.

1747 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Satellite Technician

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Work 4 day and are off 3 days.

Cons

The Company overall Micromanages way too much! It literally feels impossible to level up to the next level technician and get promotions. Too many obstacles for techs which causes for a high turnover rate. The job can be very strenuous and it doesn't help when managers are on your back because corporate sits in an office and makes up unrealistic numbers to meet.

Continue and try to communicate with techs to get a better understanding of what is happening in the field. Come up with new technology that requires less equipment. Seems like everything is prehistoric except for the Hopper system.

This is a deadened job.

Current Employee - Still Just An Agent  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Still Just An Agent in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Company has invested lots of time and resources into changing the culture. Upper management is spending more time at each site.

Cons

I can't figure out how you can get promoted in this place. Ive worked with many of those that have been recently promoted and I know that most maintained their numbers by not following the rules. There is a vicious cycle of managers teaching coaches how to manipulate, coaches teaching agents and so on. You will only get generic feedback and generally it is the same feedback given to all applicants for the promotion.
    I wasn't shocked by the earlier post made by a manager when he wrote about weeding people out. This manager is exactly the reason that talented people will not stay with Dish.

If you want to change the culture at Dish you need to start with the managers that continue to "Weed" out talented people. If you want to really know what goes on in Phoenix, have a round table in which you randomly pick agents and don't invite any staff members.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!