There are newer employer reviews for DISH

A changing company - Customer Service Side

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Dish has taken many steps to change the way they treat and look at its employees. Some of the changes are:

• Expectations about how our leaders are to manage
• The amount and content of our training programs throughout the company
• How we manage our scheduling, including overtime and holidays
• The tools and equipment you need to do your job productively and with greater ease

Also, they are implementing a new indexing system to measure call center employees. With this system there will not be any goals that agents need to hit. Instead, they will be ranked with everyone in the company taking the same call types and will need to be at or above the average. This new system will help by not hurting agents when events outside of their control effect thier calls. For instance, customer satisfaction will be lower and call times may be higher during severe weather.

The culture at the call centers is very different than it is at the corporate office. The call centers have a much more dynamic, fun, and engaging atmosphere.

Cons

The pay is lower compared to others in the same positions in similar companies. The benefits health benefits are not all that great. The company seems to take cost cutting a little too far. They make everyone share hotel rooms when they travel, which seems like it could create some HR issues. They also will not provide any high speed internet to the sites. Even on their own demo boards (demo boards are areas in the center where all of the I-Pod and related devices are setup for agents to get familar with) do not have fast enough internet access to work.

We compare our company to Google, Apple and others that are known to have great work atmospheres but it seems like we are unwilling to spend the money to create it. We asked every week to come up with ideas to make the company a place where people want to work that does not cost any money. Benefits, pay, and site improvements are a big part of why people like to work at those companies. We cannot even send flowers to employees that have babies without vice president approval.

If management continues the improvement process the culture will improve. I think that they are on the right track they just need to keep moving forward.

1798 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

It's what you make of it.

Current Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It’s a great entry level environment for someone willing to tough out the long hours, difficult calls and ever changing schedules. Let’s face it, this job isn’t easy. I am confident in saying that in the area, there are far easier jobs that pay the same amount, However Dish offers a the opportunity to move up for individuals that bring dedication to the table. I have seen employees make it from new hire to management.

Cons

Healthcare is lacking, terribly high co pays , Sick time is not available to anyone with less than 2 years tenure (calendar year). PTO caps out at 120 hours per year for anyone with more than 5 years tenure. Tuition reimbursement is subpar for hourly employees. If I had a family and I had children depending on me as the provider of healthcare. I would not have accepted this position.

We as company want to be a company that can be compared to Apple, Microsoft and Google; however our employee compensation does not reflect the same. We are considered a training school for better paying employers.

Dish is a great place to work if you are dedicated to your job

Current Employee - Coach in Christiansburg, VA
    Current Employee - Coach in Christiansburg, VA

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lot's of upward mobility they promote from within. Managers are helpful and truly care about their direct reports. Great people from security to the site director. Abundant efforts to change the culture and workplace environment. Shifts improved 100% 10010010001000%.understanding of the work/life balance. with and the

Cons

It can be a little tough when you first start to get the call flow down but if you stick with it and dedicate yourself to being great then you will be.

Keep making positive changes in regards to work/life balance and get better health insurance.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH