There are newer employer reviews for DISH

not a family friendly place to work

Current Employee - Technician in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

hours are great pay is great

Cons

never having saterday and sundays off to spend time with fam no matter how long you worked there and grown with company. they need monday threw friday shift. you can never ask that thow they think your trying to pull a fast one . i dont get it . seems like a bunch of haters who hate kids

Advice to Management

change some shifts for sinior techs not EVERYBODY . is that realy so hard to ask and get done realy

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

Get the experience and get out!

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn the field and the technologies involved.

Cons

Horrible culture and micromanagement. Way too much red tape to get anything done - have to get approvals from everyone and their mother to get access to software. IT is horrible in fixing any issues that may happen.

Advice to Management

I think it is amazing how much talent leaves this place. The team that I worked with is no longer employed there and it has only been a year! This company's HR costs must be through the roof. Hold onto your talent. Compensate them appropriately and make the environment a positive place to be.

2. Dish has been great to me

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In the 4 years I have been with the company, Dish has given me the opportunity to grow and promote. It has not been easy, we all can complaint about angry customers or long calls, but that is what a call center is all about. I like that my coaches have been there for me, they have done all they can to help me understand the business and develop my skills. When I came to work I got paid and when I did my job right, I got bonuses. Money has not been an issue, between hourly wages, p4p and upsell payouts I could get decent money every paycheck. I have visited other call centers here at Dish, and I like the culture here in Phoenix, maybe because this is where I work, but the coaches and Managers seemed more involved with the agents, I like that my manager asks me about my life and he cares for what is happening to me outside work. Local management has worked with me every time I needed something like a day off or special schedule for a day. When I started I had some attendance issues, but after I realized my job was a priority, I haven’t had any issues. I am surprised with the attendance policy we have here, if you have any absences they will be deleted after 90 days, all you need to do is be punctual for 90 days and you will have 0 absences. And even with that, we have tons of agents in finals because they cannot make it on time for 90 days.

Cons

I definitely agree our training is not the best and it is not a priority, we try to function with as minimum training as we can, as agents we are trained to handle our calls, but there is not much advance training, we have to learn on the phones with the customers. Benefits are not good; I would give up TV for a better health insurance plan. Overall Dish has been great to me, I don’t think I will always work for Dish, but I come every morning wanting to do the best I can to help the company. It is not easy to work here, it is not for everybody, but it is a good company to work for. If you are applying to work here, learn three things. 1) Come to work even if you don’t feel like coming in. 2) work hard, do not cut corners. 3) Realize this is not a perfect company, but there is room to grow.

Advice to Management

Look into a better insurance plan for your employees. You have to invest money to make money, invest on training and tools to better do our jobs. We have too many metrics (9) and we do not even understand some of them and yet we have to perform well in all of them.