DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Operations Manager

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Operations Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people work here.

Supportive network of co-workers.

The team I work with is by far the best group of people.

Great pay, work/life balance and incentives.

Strong work ethic and passion for results.

Cons

None. If I had complaints, I'd start my own company.

Work environment/morale is the responsibility of individual employees. It's a direct reflection of an individual's work ethic. I'm surrounded by co-workers that fuse strong work ethics and having fun - thanks for making it great - you rock!

Keep up the good work and let's continue to innovate.

2009 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Interview

I have been working at DISH

Pros

I have no positive experiences to work for Dish.

Cons

The recruiter was not responsive and deleted email messages requesting her feedback after taking a 2 hour assessment and participating in a telephone interview.

I think management should be aware of how people are being treated in the hiring process. Additionally, people who are potential employees could be customers. I currently have my service with Comcast and was thinking about moving over to Dish. Considering how I was treated as an applicant, I will never consider using DISH. Futhermore, I will tell my friends about my experience.

Dish has more than lived up to my expectations.

Current Employee - FSM in Nitro, WV
    Current Employee - FSM in Nitro, WV

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have managers than always asked my how am I doing. They come in on shift and make sure they ask me how was my day off. As a tech, if you are hitting your numbers and welling to put the time in, you can have alot OT. They even made sure during the holiday in 2012 that techs got BONUS for working on the 3 big holidays plus holiday and reg. Pay. 4 days on and 3 days off is a great schedule. My manager always make sure that if i work on a scheduled day off i get to pick another day off of my choice. I lost so many days off as a salary manager in my last job that I never got to see my family. My stress level is almost zero now and my life balance is great. Love the free programming. Stock option. Training is improving and dish is really listening to feedback from their employees. I will say my managers delivered on day one what they said in my interview. I believe all goals are achievable if you work hard. Positive behavior equals positive results.

Cons

I believe there is a disconnect between departments. Need to work to set techs up for success.

Continue to listen to your employee and focus on develop your next leaders. Work on the structure of LEAD training to insure proper execution across all levels. Include situational leadership in your next training class. Great class

There are newer employer reviews for DISH