Great Management, Great Perks, Great Experience

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Fort Wayne, IN
Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free TV, decent pay, good management, flexibility

Cons

Work all holidays, OK benefits, hours

Advice to Management

Close shop on holidays.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

They're trying

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at DISH full-time

Pros

Starting pay was good, the on-site cafe was a very nice touch, DISH is really trying to get better as an employer, most people act professional.

Cons

Hyper-conservative management (this could be a pro for some but I don't care for either extreme), incredibly tight-fisted (think t&e and expense reports), the workplace itself was pretty depressing (beige on beige), mediocrity seems highly tolerated, cronyism seems to be becoming an issue.

Advice to Management

Every Fortune 200 firm describes itself as a "start-up". Few actually deliver on the claim. DISH is not one of the few.

Great place to work until you find a real job.

Former Employee - International Technical Support in Flushing, NY
    Former Employee - International Technical Support in Flushing, NY

I worked at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, there is a play room (which they hide the food so we do not eat it) and once in a while there are contests.

Cons

I worked here as Arabic customer service and it was one of the worse experiences of my life besides working at cablevision. The flushing location specializes in "international" phone calls for their Foreign language packages. Dish Network customers are like the employees and that is "unhappy". Customers have been with dish for 10+ years and they have to beg in order to get a measly five dollars off their bill for 3 months. I mean if they treat their long term customers like sh** image how they will treat their employees ? I worked here for 1 1/2 years until I found a real job :) If you work here please prepare for long hours, unhappy customers, unhappy employees, consistent changes, poor management, no room for growth, conniving co-workers, forced to work overtime after your shift ended or on your off days. To top it all off its located in the middle of no where off college point blvd. Good luck and god bless you if you take this job.

Advice to Management

There is really no advice, this type of industry does not have much job growth and is great for anyone who does not have a degree or un-employed. Great place to work until you find a good job.